ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

strange lecky sunroof noise on valver

this has been goin on for far to long and needs sorting!

when i close the s/roof and it pulls down on the rubber it makes a brrrrrrrrrrr noise and vibrates and doesnt seem to seal properly and whisles really badly when i get upto 70mph,seems to also jump when you shut the door

anyone got any ideas wot is wrong?and how to sort it coz its doing my head in!

thanks

hmmmm the whistling might be common but the brrrrr noise is quite bad and im hoping to sell it like next month so want to sort a few small probs out incl this

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

i think thats caused by the 2 bolts that lock into eacthother (causeing the sunroof to move) not interlocking right... so its missing and not shutting the sunroof properly, I had this problem with my first 16v, it also jumped when i shut the door, and leaked.

I solved it by buying a new sunroof motor (£30) from the scrappy. Problem sorted.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Yeah, a few screws and it comes out. Although i did get the guy at the scrappy to fit it for me ;)

ahhhhh ill have to try and sweet talk my local scrapyard guy then lol

thanks for all the help bubbles hopefully shud be problem solved :)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

either the sunroof motor is at fault or it has been previously fitted slightly out of allignment.the motor has a gear on it that locates onto the mechanism,it is quite easy to get the gear misalligned when fitting the motor.if the noise has only just started and nobody has touched the motor then the motors probably faulty but i would grease all the roof mechanism first to see if that helps.