ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange noise

2004 clio 182
On the way back with my new 182 ( see my hello post for details lol ) I noticed it makes a strange noise and almost like a grinding judder through the steering wheel, I'd normally think power steering pump or rack but it's only happening when I turn right, the noise is constant whenever I move the wheel even a few degrees to the right.

does anyone have any idea what it could be ?

Thanks
mark

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Maybe a wheel bearing

Jack the wheel up, spin the wheel and put your hand on the spring. You will feel if it's rough

2004 clio 182
Well I admit I've been so busy doing other jobs I've not actually check the wheel bearing yet, I shall do as you've suggested though.

On crawling under the car today I did notice that the passengers side cv boot has no clip on and when on full lock isn't actually over the joint, so I'm not sure if that will turn out to be at fault, If one is gone I suppose it's almost as easy to change both bearing and joint at the same time.