ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange problem with fog light on dash when I indicate right or brake when lights on

Clio 1.2 Grande (2001)
Ok so I've got this problem with my dashboard or rear lights. When I have the lights on and I indicate right, the dash light for the rear fog light comes on faintly too. Also if you brake it sometimes comes on a bit. The actual fog bulb in the rear light cluster doesn't come on except when it's supposed to. In fact all the actual lights work 100%, it's just the dashboard that seems to be a bit mental.

I know the 1st top bulb is the dual filament Brake/Rear light
2nd bulb is right indicator
3rd bulb is reverse I guess
4th bottom bulb is the rear fog light.

I've been told it could be a bad earth somewhere so I've replaced all the bulbs and given the contacts a rub with some emery cloth but that didn't seem to help.

I did remove this from the reverse bulb slot. A proper grandad garden shed type repair. The owner before me had obviously broken a bulb but not had a replacement so he polyfillered another one in it's place. Comedy. :lolup:
297943_10150292451141008_536261007_8232092_1436138113_n.jpg

Anyone got any other ideas?

Breaking 172 NV676
Re: Strange problem with fog light on dash when I indicate right or brake when lights

Mine did this when I brake, probably about a year ago, cleaned up the connectors on the rear clusters and is fine now.

Clio 1.2 Grande (2001)
Re: Strange problem with fog light on dash when I indicate right or brake when lights

You mean the connectors that the bulbs fit into or the connectors to the light cluster from the loom?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I took my connector off, cleaned out all the corrosion on both the loom end and the cluster end and its been fine ever since.

(thanks fred! ;) )

172 berg, Fabia VRS

same as mine mate, its like a disco when i brake and indicate:S the car behind wont know wtf im doin

Thanks for this! Helped me with my problem too :p

Clio 1.2 Grande (2001)

OK you were right. It was dead easy. I thought you meant the contacts between the bulb and the cluster not the cluster and the loom. Cleaned them up with a bit of sandpaper today and no more freaky lights on the dash. Great. Thanks.