ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange starting problem please help!!!

Silver Phase 2 172
Okay so Im struggling diagnosing my starting problem on my 172, It all started about two weeks ago when I tried to start the car and it just turned over and over sounded like it wanted to start but wouldn't, I turned the ignition back off and on again and it started on the button.

This started to happen more and more often but only when the car hasn't been started for a while (like left overnight or all day when im at work) This now happens every time I try and start the car.... but same as before if I turn the ignition back off and try again it starts perfect!

I cannot work out for the life of me what the problem is :( didn't know if this was something that comes up a lot. I have done a search but couldn't find anything on this subject.

It is very difficult to find as it only happens once a day :( so only get one go at finding it so any help of a few thing to check would be great :)

Craig

Silver Phase 2 172
Try wiggling the crank sensor. Used to do that on break downs, 9/10 it'd fire straight up.

Okay will give that a go today! If that fixes the problem would it be worth putting a new one in? Also where about's is it on a 172? Sorry for all the questions new to this Renault stuff lol

182cup & 172 racecar
Top of the gearbox/bellhousing, under the thermostat.

26062008206.jpg