ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange starting problem

Ph2 Flamer
Right so

Key in the ignition and turn in so all the lights come on, then go out one by one. Turn the key the last click to start the engine and nothing happens, engine doesn't turn over, just the lights on the display dim and go out like the battery is dead. Try to turn the key a few times, nothing. Take it out and try again still nothing and the immobiliser light stays off.

Pop the bonnet and close it again. Key back in the ignition, all the lights come back on, the dash clock is blinking but the car starts fine.

Its been doing it since wednesday pretty much every time i come to start the car. And its simply opening and closing the bonnet that seems to reset whatever the problem is.

The only other symptom is that occasionally it will start first time but the needles on the dash all 'push' down as the car fires like they are trying to go the wrong way. Every time that happens i find all the trip readings have been reset.

I'm baffled