ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripes Off!!

1.2 y0!
My mate has just started working for a car valeting place and braught some stuff back from work to help me remove my stripes, used the autoglym range, tar remover to remove the resedue and then just a full wash and wax, really pleased with how it has come out. i will miss not standing out like a sore thumb but its deffo for the best.

For those of you that havn't seen how it used to look and had chance to rip me to bits here it is,

mycar1.jpg

With a good wash, lows, a dynamique spoiler, a trs and some better camera skills here's how it looks now.

IMG037.jpg

IMG036.jpg

IMG035.jpg

IMG034.jpg

Further plans are to colour code, anthracite wheels and lamin x fogs.
Pleased with how this is coming along now, Comments welcome :)

Josh

Listerine & Poledo
I was going to boo the removal of stripes, but, give the evidence, it was the right move

:)

S23

The Cleee-O
Miles better mate, looking a lot smarter. Lamin-X will look good, and I know everyone says it but dual optics will freshen up the front a treat if you get some of them too. :) Good work though man!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Further plans are to colour code, anthracite wheels and lamin x fogs.
Pleased with how this is coming along now, Comments welcome :)
Josh

+ sport projector headlamps, remove the tow strap and looow's

Last edited:
  1.2 y0!
how do duel optics differ in aesthetics from standard lights? anyone got any before and after pics?

S23

The Cleee-O
Oh and clear repeaters, remove tw4tstrip and silvervision bulbs?

lol, if you want man. I think everything else looks fine as is TBH, just the Dual Optics will make it a bit newer looking that's all. I'm not a sheep aha.

1.2 y0!
like your style ;) your car was my computer wallpaper untill my missus kicked off lol. think it deffo needs clear repeaters but what difference are there between duel optics and standard lights? diamonds will go anthra with wheels as well.

S23

The Cleee-O
like your style ;) your car was my computer wallpaper untill my missus kicked off lol. think it deffo needs clear repeaters but what difference are there between duel optics and standard lights? diamonds will go anthra with wheels as well.

Aha, for real, your wallpaper?! Jeez, cheers man :eek:. Dual optics just look more like a designed headlight, here's an example below.

25654_357890680002_659990002_3858507_1684160_n.jpg

Just looks a bit more visually appealing to me. As for clear repeaters and that then why not if you wan't to again will make it look a bit more modern I supposeee :D. Diamonds and wheels in anthracite sounds good to me man, really lends itself to the colour of your car IMO. :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Aha, for real, your wallpaper?! Jeez, cheers man :eek:. Dual optics just look more like a designed headlight, here's an example below.

25654_357890680002_659990002_3858507_1684160_n.jpg

Just looks a bit more visually appealing to me. As for clear repeaters and that then why not if you wan't to again will make it look a bit more modern I supposeee :D. Diamonds and wheels in anthracite sounds good to me man, really lends itself to the colour of your car IMO. :)

The bargin bus! Woo! :cool:
I miss that car :(

Edit: Awesome colour btw ;)

1.2 y0!
Aha, for real, your wallpaper?! Jeez, cheers man :eek:. Dual optics just look more like a designed headlight.

Yea really like your car fella, your last lot of photos were megga, as for the anthra i was looking to go for another colour so as not to be a sheep but nothing else works remotly well with my colour car ive searched the forum for another car my colour for insperation but just cant find any!

also ill be looking out for duel optics on the cheap now ;)

a low one
Looks so much better mate! get some dual optic lights, make a huge difference!

Get some proper lows, loose the tow strap, colour code the fog surrounds, spray a few other little bits such as badges and itll be looking real smart!

1.2 y0!
Cant be goin much lower than that im afraid chap! had minor conflict with the old man to let me lower it at all! lol

1.2 y0!
my dads a qualified mechanic unfortunatly lol no pulling the wool over his eyes! :dapprove:

1.2 y0!
impractical, ruin the handeling, scraping, everything that is a bi-product of being low he hates with a passion lol,
Dad: "if it would work better being lower, why didnt renault design it that way?"
me: " yea but... err but... oh fml i cant win it just looks better!"
Dad: "why dont you sort the dent in your quater pannel if you want it to look better?"
Me: "hmpf yea i suppose"
is normally how the convo goes lol

a low one
a lot of things would be better but renault didnt think of it, such as ph2 rear lights!
Did he think the stripes made it better and renault should have them as standard on non sports? ;)

1.2 y0!
I like the tow strap, Its staying :approve: but thanks for all the posotive comments!! first thread with no hating so far! :D lol

Listerine & Poledo
Your dad is completely correct.

I saw a thread where someone was going to start slamming a trophy over coilovers..... why?
Do they think that their best guess will be better than what Renaultsport spent actual time and money developing?

If cars were supossed to double as ploughs then they'd come with pointy noses

a low one
Your dad is completely correct.

I saw a thread where someone was going to start slamming a trophy over coilovers..... why?
Do they think that their best guess will be better than what Renaultsport spent actual time and money developing?

If cars were supossed to double as ploughs then they'd come with pointy noses

Coilovers are miles better than standard suspension, so why didn't renault have them as standard?
A lot of people on here will have cars looking absolutly stunning by deviating from the way it left the factory, in those cases they clearly do have a better idea than renault. Its like saying steels look better on cars than alloys because renault made it like that... They clearly dont. The cars were made to suit the general public not enthusiasts so therefore our ideas probably are better than renaults to suit our type of use.

Clio 172 ph1
Looks good, that's some elbow grease you've put into cleaning it! Want to do mine? *flutters eyelashes* :rasp:

Really though, much improved, agree with dual optics comments, and gotta love dads haha! Since I moved out, every time I visit he's like "You've changed it again" heh

1.2 y0!
well if you will flutter your eyelashes lol ;)
thanks for the comments am on the hunt for duel optics now lol

Listerine & Poledo
Coilovers are miles better than standard suspension, so why didn't renault have them as standard?
A lot of people on here will have cars looking absolutly stunning by deviating from the way it left the factory, in those cases they clearly do have a better idea than renault. Its like saying steels look better on cars than alloys because renault made it like that... They clearly dont. The cars were made to suit the general public not enthusiasts so therefore our ideas probably are better than renaults to suit our type of use.

Admittedly, the manufacturer will build a car to a budget and to deal with a range of conditions (you tried Polish back-roads?).

With the trophy though (which is my main gripe), it was made fro the entheusiasts (mainly of the UK) and was tweaked accordingly. The Sachs stuff on there has been specced by the people who can spend as long as they want doing track and road work.

If it was thought that the car would be better if you could break your splitter on cats eyes, then they'd probably have gone lower as standard

a low one
Without a doubt going crazy low will ruin handling and trophys have an excellent suspension setup, but can still be improved with the likes off eibach springs and I'm sure some coilovers will also exceed the performance of the trophy setup. But your right that its aimed at a more targetted market.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Oh and btw mate, my old car was lowered 60mm and was perfect height, never caught anything