ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripped the rear seats...

BlackGold 182
Decided yesterday to take the back seats out and make a really thin piece off a false floor

It's 6mm NSF with wadding and then nu suede wrapped over it

Seats out..

452975e6.jpg

Wadding glued and placed

8c6f7fb3.jpg

Finished the boot piece

2b1d4382.jpg

All fitted
87d859dc.jpg

Now just need to to the next piece, won't be able to do till Thursday now :(

Personally I love it, wish I could of got exact same colour as the suede in the Clio but couldn't but the black is good enough

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
put sum pics up of it all done thursday mate! looks good so far! im toying with the idea myself!!

Cro

Meg'd r27
Nice, looks like the same colour suede I used. I found 6mm too thin though, I was worried about setting things on it and it starting to bow. Make sure you make up some brackets for the next piece so it doesn't end up in your front seat next emergency stop :)

Check my thread if you need info

An orange one
looks good, but looks strange with the standard seats imho...

recaro pole positions required! :)

CLIO PH1 172
needs pillows and a duvet !

I bet your rear seats are not even that much heavier than your false floor.

BlackGold 182
Just weighed it all roughly, my false floor both parts together weigh 3.8kg

The seats, rear beam part all weigh together around 24kg

So that's 20kg just like that and also removed spare wheel which is like 12kg

So IMO that makes it worth it lol

CLIO PH1 172
ok you win. see how much more waight you save when you get new seats the renault ones weigh an absolute ton!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Get rid of the spare wheel it weighs a bloody ton, I haven't had seats of a spare for years now,
but I mainly did it so my German Shepard's head didn't hit the roof, also he filled the rear veiw whenever he was in the back,
he sits alot lower in the car now, I also ditched the spare wheel as i'm just paying to carry the weight around.

A slightly better power to weight ratio was just a bonus.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Get rid of the spare wheel it weighs a bloody ton, I haven't had seats of a spare for years now,
but I mainly did it so my German Shepard's head didn't hit the roof, also he filled the rear veiw whenever he was in the back,
he sits alot lower in the car now, I also ditched the spare wheel as i'm just paying to carry the weight around.

And when you get a puncture?

haha yeaaa it will be interesting, how much do the trophy recaros weigh ?

They're actually no lighter (or only a little lighter) than standard seats.

Surprised me too.

Last edited:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
And when you get a puncture?

If I drive out of the city I put it in the car, especially if i've got to go on the motorway, but for driving around locally I don't bother,
as one phone call and my mate will just bring my spare from the house, also my cousin has a low loader because he sells cars,
so if i'm really stuck he's said I can call him whenever.

Edit: Sam's right I don't need air, my tyres are full of my own smug self satisfaction.;)

Last edited:

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member
also run less fuel ,people do track days with full tanks then spend £££££££ on lighter wheels ,seats,bonnet.................

Milltek'd clio 182
i took mine out thinking i will save tonnes of weight, but was suprised to find that the bottom seats are as light as a kids booster seat lol i was expecting to be removing a big heavy bench lol, i was wrong, so i decided to put it all back in lol

BlackGold 182
Haha yeaa you were right it was only the back part that weighs more but ah well I think it's pretty cool having no seats lol if you do want the measurements mate I got them still

TrackCar & F30 330d
Lol
Weight saving, try getting your car down to 800kg with a cage! Thats what I call weight saving ;)

but yes my car is not on the road :(

Brush the suide the same way and it will look better :)

ph1 mk2
dont see the point in this kind of ''stripping' tbh, your car now looks like a van
if your gunna strip it, STRIP IT!

Giulietta 940
I quite like it, I'm also thinking of doing the same myself. Except I'll probably pay someone else to do it, as I'd no doubt mess it up.

Clio 172 RS2
Remove that patch of tar on the left, weightweenie! ;)

Since day one i had the CS, removed the spare wheel and the insert w. all the tools.
(and the underbonnet insulation, plastic valve cover and plastic oil sump undertray)

Even went to Rally Deutschland, WRC Trier and afterwards some Touristefahrten on the Ring without it. :eek:

What to do next, weld in the 182 floor as to removing the spare wheel bucket? ;)