ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripping a mk1 172 worth it?

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
anyone done this that can give some advice,the good and the bad? cheers.
if anyones got a guide that be helpfull!!

dont really use the back seats in the car often infact dont use the car that often either. so was thinking is it worth losing some weight just to peak up the power to weight ratio.

i dont want to take it to extreme. so far im happy with taking the back seats out but cant really think of anything else.... i want to leave the carpet in as im not changing the front seats so it still looks matched/neat. what else can be taken out that is useless?

iv also heard that taking weight of the back will rise the backend causes it to be abit more tail happy and maybe unsettle at high speeds.

M2 Competition
Have just stripped mine, but waiting on buckets at the mo.

Feels faster, but a wee bit more tail happy. feels rawer 2, can hear everything the cars doing.
Loving it at the mo tho, although bear in mind you'll have no boot to use if you strip it...

i wouldnt strip it out, striped my valver and its really loud, if your only going to take the back bench out its not worth it.