ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Struggling to remove wiper arms?? LOOK HERE!!

RB FF 182
Hi guys!

I fitted a new windscreen washer resevoir with the help of classicsheepflavour over the weekend. It was our second attempt... In the 8 years that my cars been running I don't think the wiper arms have EVER been removed! I checked at halfords, and two other shops for a "wiper arm removal tool" and nobody had anything!! Halfords couldn't quite grasp this difference between wiper arm, and wiper blade... Idiots.

Me and sheepy visited Halfords for something else and he spotted a ball joint seperator which was almost exactly identical to wiper arm removers I'd seen on google!! It cost £8.99 and got the wipers off REALLY easy!!

Not sure if this is in the right category but found this very useful and thought I should share!! Link to product below;

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_173425_langId_-1_categoryId_165469

The search for the win, im having this exact trouble, gonna give this a go :) Picking one up tonight!........my wipers have jammed completely in upright position and its blowing fuse.

RB FF 182
Nasty!

If you got someone with you it's easier, it's not a hard thing to do with this but helps if they hold it in place so it doesn't slip as it's obviously not meant to be used for this!! lol Good luck.

Apparently you can order proper wiper arm removers, but I needed mine in a hurry, as do you by the sounds of it! lol

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
I bought the Laser wiper arm removal tool a while ago when doing the same thing and I could only get it to fit around the passenger wiper, so that tool sounds like a better fit!

My wiper arms aren't that hard to take off now that I took them off the first time.

mate, i got the same Lazer tool, i had to force it to fit, but it worked. NOW ive found why my wipers are jammed to buggery i need a new motor! lol....

RB FF 182
LOL Which tool did you get? The wiper remover of the ball joint seperator??

The only problem with the ball joint thing is that it is slightly rounded on the bottom so can slip off, but you've got a much bigger gap to work with.

ball joint, which is whats linked above by initial thread starter, couldnt see anything for wipers as such...........whoops, but it worked.

Clio 1.2 51 Mk2 Ph2
just used it there i looked at it and didn't think the bolt would be big enough so discarded that till i came on here and seen it had been used worked a treat :D just leave the bolt on but slackened and it wont slip of or damage the thread

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Your all f**king weaklings :rasp:

Mine came off with brute force and lots of swearing

CLIO 172 CUP....
had the same problom when i had to fit my washer motor....

i just pulled like f**k and it come off in the end.....if it brakes oh well s**t happens.....

RB FF 182
Your all f**king weaklings :rasp:

Mine came off with brute force and lots of swearing

Lmao.

I've done a few before but god knows what the previous owner did to mine. Either they have never been removed in 8 years or I need to get back down the gym.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk