ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Struggling to reverse and burning smell!

182 S
When I reverse no matter how many revs I give it the car judders and moves back slowly, like it's nearly stalling. Tried putting the handbrake on and letting the clutch out and it stalls. The more revs the stronger the burning smell. Can't see any smoke and it's fine when it's going forward in all gears.

Any help would be great

S4 Avant
Got to be the clutch surely? Best bet would be to come up to the Peacock pub on Thursday evening, and let Kieran have a look. Kieran knows all.

S4 Avant
I never thought about it like that... If you bring the misses along, we can call it a date I suppose

Does sound a bit like clutch but im not a mechanic.

But when mine went it wouldnt stall in reverse.. Mechanic said that was a sign it was gone.

rear brakes 'biting' even when your handbrake is down? Mine squeel, when im in traffic it won't roll back as they are pretty much constantly on. need to get them adjusted/changed tbh

The clutch always does the same job regardless of the gear. It's the gearbox (post-clutch) that reverses the drive.