ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strut Brace finally fitted

R56 JCW
Went to Jords (f0xy) this afternoon, him and Danny gave it some coats of hammerite and laca, and this is how it looks, im really happy with it

Comments very much welcome :rasp:

IMG_0187.gif

IMG_0188.gif

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Really nice :) Only thing that puts me off getting one is having to unbolt it everytime you need to remove the engine cover, correct?

Track valver + Ibiza FR
Lookin really nice Nick. As said by others, strut top covers will finish it off

VRS
looking good although i would watch out for the bonnet sound deadening sticking to the brace when it gets warm, i ended up removing my deadening after finding it was making my brace fluffy lol

looking good although i would watch out for the bonnet sound deadening sticking to the brace when it gets warm, i ended up removing my deadening after finding it was making my brace fluffy lol

i had that.got the bar powdercoated instead,no problems now :)

R56 JCW
jord, i loved the drill LMFAO

Matt the thing was gonna get powdercoated, but to much messing about

Andy u know where i can pick up some Strut covers??

VRS

i had that.got the bar powdercoated instead,no problems now :)

yea i got mine powdercoated in the end but it was fine when it was painted with the deadening removed

jord, i loved the drill LMFAO

Matt the thing was gonna get powdercoated, but to much messing about

Andy u know where i can pick up some Strut covers??

i got my strut covers from nick (hillpower) they were around 20 quid posted iirc, if you ring nick up he usually posts them the next day :D

M

mini-valver

Looking good fella! Like Andy said, watch the sound deadening when the paints heats up and goes soft....