ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strut Brace Fitting - How????

MY04 Scooby STi
I got an OMP strut brace and and I cant figure out how to fit it. Theres no where to bolt it to and Im not enthusiastic about drilling to fit the bolts.

Does anyone know how to fit it?

Cheers

Clio 172
I think you have to drill your own holes, but would double check with someone has put one on

PH1_172
i drilled my holes in my 172 i lined the strut brace up onto where it should go drilled the holes took the wheels off and used ny-lock nuts and bolts to hold it proper on

172 Cup (track) FS
certainly requires drilling - we used masking tape on the turrets and a pencil to get everything lined up properly.

scary stuff (having never done one before). 2 people doing the job really helps.

if you do go for it then spend loads of time checking and double-checking everything before you drill. Things always move slightly and need to be allowed for.

is the brace you've bought adjustable ? If it is then you also need to consider how it lines up in it's "central" adjustment position. Be very careful to check all of this before you go ahead.