ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stuck.

DrewHughes

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6 GSR
Guys

Paid up for my CS membership yesterday.......Ok cool, only thing is I dont own a Clio Sport.

Im stuck with my diesel at the minute and desperately want rid of it so I can have some fun on a daily basis.

Now ive got an offer from a mate to straight swap with his cammed MK5 Fiesta Zetec-S and it is pretty tidy tbh and quick for what it is.

But I cant help think I should hold out for mine to sell then go buy a 182 or 172 with some extra's because it would be easier to live with day to day. And also be quite handy on track.

Now ive never in my life owned something NOT Ford, and Im thinking I need to try some French stuff seeing as some of my mates RAVE about these Clio RS's and im not that sure.

Are these Clio's really that fun? I do plan to mod it, and use it on track, but nothing to over the top as my current toy is this 350bhp fire breathing monster (soon to be 400+) so driving this daily is not very pratical as you can imagine.

IMG_4070.jpg

Also if I did have this fiesta, it would be my 3rd.........So im wanting a change as well. Also to get the fiesta reasonably track ready is some work in itself because it still has rear drum brakes...............

Fiesta or Clio?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ther are a lot of people moving from 1*2's to diesels at the moment you might strike a bargain!

Much love for a fellow ford nut! :eek:

My barge...
SAM_0241.jpg

Get a clio, you'll get bored by the fiesta quickly imo.

Iceberg 172
The clio's really are that much fun yes!

I've had a fair few toys and can honestly say my little Clio which cost pennies in comparison to previous cars and costs pennies to run is sooo much more fun.

Test drive one.

DrewHughes

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6 GSR
Im gunna have to drive one I think

oh I'm keeping the RS as the weekend toy, want the Clio as a daily and track car tbh

anyone local to me le67 to let me test drive one or at least take me out in one?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
How isnt the RS practical? :O

I run a 330bhp RS and its so much nicer to drive than my old 172 and its larger. Only thing is fuel costs lol.

Carl

DrewHughes

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6 GSR
I don't want to drive it everyday, I want to keep it a low mile minter, it's kept in a dehumidfied garage and only comes out in the dry, I don't like getting it wet lol

rather keep it a minter tbh

with your requirements, id be looking at trophies.
i.e. low mile minter, expect to pay for one though i.e. above 6k, although the modding may not be so extensive.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
I don't want to drive it everyday, I want to keep it a low mile minter, it's kept in a dehumidfied garage and only comes out in the dry, I don't like getting it wet lol

rather keep it a minter tbh

thats fair enough :star:

Carl

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trophy's are more expensive, a cheap ph1 could be fun with a few mods.

Mountune Tractor
That FRS is a f**king unit mate! Nice.
Still think you'd have fun in a RS, espcecially compared to a Zetec.

DrewHughes

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6 GSR
Lol cheers for the comments on the rs

yeah I have considered the ph1, but I'm so drawn to a 182 in that erm, really blue standy outy colour, what's it called? With black wheels as well. Wouldn't want a trophy for daily either, something about limited editions.... I always think they shud be kept mint, maybe it's just me!