ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stud kit removal - help.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Started to change my rear discs on the Clio 200 today for my nice mtec (thanks @NorthloopCup ) but realised the stud kit is fitted in the old discs on the car.
I want to transfer this stud kit onto the new discs, so how do I get the studs out safely so I can use them again?
Thanks in advance.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Started to change my rear discs on the Clio 200 today for my nice mtec (thanks @NorthloopCup ) but realised the stud kit is fitted in the old discs on the car.
I want to transfer this stud kit onto the new discs, so how do I get the studs out safely so I can use them again?
Thanks in advance.
You either need to double nut them to wind them out, or do they have an Allen key head on them? Only other option is a proper stud extractor tool.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
You either need to double nut them to wind them out, or do they have an Allen key head on them? Only other option is a proper stud extractor tool.

No Allen key head :( will try the 2 nut method.

Remove then with the 2 nut method and a hot air gun to warm the locktite up.

Great stuff - the removal of the loctite was my next question.

Will have another go at the weekend. Thanks both of you :)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Nah a blowtorch will easy do a few hundred degrees.

That's good then mate - thank you. I will take the discs off (studs attached) and get them viced up and in a controlled state away from the car and fuel before I start messing with flames :wink: