ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stupid badges!!!!

J03

MX5 1.8
:mad: :mad: :mad:

i am fuming at the minute because the t**t who had the car before stuck some gay 16v badges on the rear quatre panel of the car, i removed the badge today but it left the huge solid glue chuncks or something all stuck on my car!!:mad: :mad:

i then tried heating the glue stuff up to see if the glue would melt then scraping it off with a credit card, when scraping carefully there was this big chunk and went i scraped it away it fecking peeled my pain of aswel!!! now am guna have to buy another one of these stupid badges and stick it over to whats left..:dead:

really pissed off... rant over..

you heated it up and scraped it with a credit card.... im not suprised it peeled off.

there are chemicals which would have worked much better

J03

MX5 1.8
it works fine for most people using that method on the corsa forum. thats why i did it.

scraping paint with anything is never a good idea, especially after heating it up.

maybe it can be repaired by a mobile service like chipsaway?

J03

MX5 1.8
cheers mate, Well il have to see... but right now theres a trial of glue thats spells 16v.. :( am guna have to buy a 16v badget to cover it up for the time being then save up some money it get it removed prefessionally.. argh am so pissed of..

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
DONT put another badge over it. It just makes the situation 10x worse!

If your worried about it put some maskign tape over it. Yes i know its not the best accessory, but will stop dirt and grime settling in it.

Then get it assessed by a chips away or bodyshop asap.

Hopefully they can do somethign with it. Possibly a smart repair.

J03

MX5 1.8
DONT put another badge over it. It just makes the situation 10x worse!

If your worried about it put some maskign tape over it. Yes i know its not the best accessory, but will stop dirt and grime settling in it.

Then get it assessed by a chips away or bodyshop asap.

Hopefully they can do somethign with it. Possibly a smart repair.

oh ryt coolio, il have a look 2moro mate

J03

MX5 1.8
cheers sent them the details and that...

would they help u remove the other badge aswel? or are they just there to repair scratches/chips?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
If your worried about removing the rest of the sticky residue (lol) let them just do it.

They will probably charge extra for the work but it will save you having the worry of taking off more paint.

Get a quote first.

Either that or look in yellow pages for bodyshops or SMART repairers in your local area.

J03

MX5 1.8
il take one first thing 2moro morning.. its unsightly.. whoever made these badges should be shot.. never thought removing such gay badges could c**k up my car so bad.. theres like an inch of glue sticking out

J03

MX5 1.8
If your worried about removing the rest of the sticky residue (lol) let them just do it.

They will probably charge extra for the work but it will save you having the worry of taking off more paint.

Get a quote first.

Either that or look in yellow pages for bodyshops or SMART repairers in your local area.

will do thanks, il wait to see what they say, and il keep this thread updated. need serious advice, its the first time iv tried to do something about the car besides washing it

172 Cup
il take one first thing 2moro morning.. its unsightly.. whoever made these badges should be shot.. never thought removing such gay badges could c**k up my car so bad.. theres like an inch of glue sticking out

Cool, i'd also recommend you take to a few bodyshops and gather opinions and prices. As for chips away i wouldn't bother as if it need paint- then they'll do it outside and wind/dirt in the air dont mix well for a good paint job and often leads to crap loads of overspray.

J03

MX5 1.8

Cool, i'd also recommend you take to a few bodyshops and gather opinions and prices. As for chips away i wouldn't bother as if it need paint- then they'll do it outside and wind/dirt in the air dont mix well for a good paint job and often leads to crap loads of overspray.

the situation isnt really huge, its like a stone chip.. thing is when i removed it it took away the paint underneath and theres still loads of that glue stuff left and i dont wanna touch it.. but yeah il go around and see

J03

MX5 1.8
thing is the garage who i bought it off said to me that i can just peel them off without a worry, so i tried it knowing what he said.. but turned out that this is not that case!!!

J03

MX5 1.8
ha i duno.. theres nothing i can really do now but take it to a good bodyshop or something to get her fixed up.. am so mad..

theres another one on the otherside aswel.. am leaving that one for pro's to get the b*****d things off

Clio Sport - KR0*EVL
God its one of those terrible things halfords sell, why would u want 2 tell every1 you have a 16v clio....with a shitty silver badge, or have i got it wrong, is this a classic show of gangsta bling that the car needed...LOL.

:approve:

ITB BG 182
use AG tar an glue remover abit at a time then use SRP after that just to clear things off, an them badges should or well must be banned.......

J03

MX5 1.8
cheers for the suport guys, will try everything to get the stuff off... its feels like cement on me car :(

I think that you will be able to remove the glue, but it will be a pain. Whoever stuck them on doesn't seem to have a clue.