ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub and Amp help!

Clio 1.2 '04
Hi all, fitted a sub and amp into my clio yesterday and it worked fine until I neatened it and loomed all the cable together, now it doesn't work!! The protection light stays on all the time, apart from when the car is moving it will switch to the power light for a split second and change back to the protection light, it does this about every 10 seconds. Like I said it was all working before but now it's not... and the fuse did blow too but I have replaced that now (30A)

- Amp - Juice JA490 500 Watts Max 2 Chan.
- Sub - Alphasonik PSW112C 100 Series @ 230 Watts RMS.

And I have replaced the door speakers with Sony Xplod ones.

Any help much appreciated! Thanks

Mk3 Clio
When you routed the wires to the boot did you route them all down the same side of your car? What your supposed to do is route the power down one side and the remote and phonos down the other, this stops potential shortages. Most people dont seem to know this mind, but thats how the professionals do it, or at least there supposed to.

Failing that you probably need to create a better earth as this is the main cause of amps going into protection mode.

Finally as i really cant think of any other reasons, it may be faulty amp.

I hope this helps

Mk3 Clio
When you routed the wires to the boot did you route them all down the same side of your car? What your supposed to do is route the power down one side and the remote and phonos down the other, this stops potential shortages. Most people dont seem to know this mind, but thats how the professionals do it, or at least there supposed to.

Failing that you probably need to create a better earth as this is the main cause of amps going into protection mode.

Finally as i really cant think of any other reasons, it may be faulty amp.

I hope this helps

Clio 1.2 '04
Cheers for the replies :) Changed all the fuses and they're still intact, and the earth is good because it's sparking when you touch it against it. 12V is getting to the amp too... might have to re route the power cable. Cheers :)