ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Subwoofer Wiring.

Subwoofer wiring.

Just wondered what the best way was to wire in an amp and sub, in my clio dynamique. Down the side is obvious, but difficult as it's tight and I have 3 amps. Meaning 0 Gauge power cable, 3 sets of phone and speaker cable.

Thanks in advance.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
try using both sides?? part from that not alot to be said really. If uv got 3 amps then it will be tight.

Why have u got 3 amps???

2 sub amps 1 speaker.

I tried putting my phono cables down passenger side, didn't work at all. Too tight.

Just wondered if I could get them down the middle under the carpet?

ur megane r26
yer i spose you could get it down the middle if you wanted to pull up all the carpet, dont know how easy it will be to put back again though

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
in my car i got the power cable going down the opposite side to the phono/sound cables to keep it clear. should be enought room for 2 more wires down that side. if not just move the batterie to the boot :)

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
What amps you running the subs off??

Guessing that they would be two 2-channel amps? So why not go for a 4 channel amp and save some wiring space.

Run the power down one side of the car, and then the audio down the other side. You can use down the middle if need be.

I realise that I need to keep power and phonos seperate. This is the main reason i'm having trouble. Sorry for not being clear. Three sets of phonos 2 sets for 4 channel speaker amp, 1 set for sub amp.

I tried running the 3 sets down the passenger side, with no success, I wondered if going down the middle would be easier?

Or is there more room on the driver side?

Thanks all!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Can you not run the sub phonos from the phono output on your speaker amp? So you only need to run 2 phonos.

Megane 225
There's no need for 0 guage wire. 4 will be fine. I ran my pioneer prs stuff off 4 guage in my old car and that was 3 pioneer prs amps which are very inefficent in that they use loadsa power to create a very good sound.

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
cant you buy a cable splitter for your phono? then lead it to the next amp? sware i did something like this in my old car. cant remember exactally why thought lol?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
basicly we need to know your set up, your battry, your amps etc to determin what wiring you need.