ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunday Blast in Kent!

SG boost'd 200
So a few of us got talking saturday evening....and the outcome was a morning drive from folkestone, through Hythe, New Romney, through Lydd and along the lovely Camber roads for some nice corners and then finally down into Rye for some pics and drinks!
Bit of a random selection of cars...2 197's a 200, Fiat punto, Suzuki Swift and an Audi All Road!

All Raw images, so i may attempt to get some edited ones up later.

The group.
DSC_1681_zps531f7856.jpg

Will's Nimbus 197
DSC_1679_zps20c67a0f.jpg

My RB 197
DSC_1654_zps67bf3078.jpg

Simon's 200
DSC_1666_zps1d004fc0.jpg

Arran's Swift...which shall cause banter as usual!
DSC_1683_zpscc0cc19b.jpg

Few clio shots
DSC_1675_zpsb0137f80.jpg

DSC_1671_zpsa8eab4aa.jpg

DSC_1670_zpsdc7b8269.jpg

DSC_1658_zpsaad957a2.jpg

Hope to get a few meets sorted in the New Year!

SG boost'd 200
Cheers guys!

Was a good blast, other than getting caught up by old biddies doing a casual 25mph in their prius's and other biddy mobiles!

SG boost'd 200
We just took the A259 right up to the lydd turning as the marsh roads would have been a bit of a B***h with all the rain we had saturday night.

Yeah the 200 is on H&R's and is cammed....but thats all planned to be different when K-tec sort the supercharger kit ;)

SG boost'd 200
They do make a difference...but only down the low end of the range. It could catch me from low to mid, but from mid to high nothing really in it to be totally honest.
I'm deffo going to be lowering mine! As that stance looks bang on!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah,

I've had cammed cars before, just seems a lot of ££ for little gains on the clio's.

SG boost'd 200
Trouble with the 197/200 engine is that the cams are pretty high lift as standard and theres not much tolerance to allow for a greater cam....

seems like its reduces the lift in a way to get more bottom end grunt.

Audi A5
Gutted I missed this too! Me and a couple mates sometimes go for drives over the rye area as we're based in bexhill so not too far.

Did you go down the road from rye to Lydd go karting? That's a good driving road.

SG boost'd 200
For the punto lovers.
image-6_zps893bf0aa.jpg

was real last minute thing! But I plan to get something more organised next time so that everyone can get together!

The lydd to rye section is very good, that's the camber road :)

once the weather is better ill post something up and see who's up for it! Never tried that road Martynzs but I will give it a go, so thanks for that!

ive managed to do the rack ends on both sides :( didn't think I was going that quick!!

SG boost'd 200
I could deffo get a karting thing organised in the summer as I know the owner of the circuit quite well :)
will anyone be attending the BHP show at Lydden seeing some of you are relatively local?

182 BG FF
I could deffo get a karting thing organised in the summer as I know the owner of the circuit quite well :)
will anyone be attending the BHP show at Lydden seeing some of you are relatively local?

Yh ill be attemding bhp show as i live 5 mins from there im looking forward to that!... And if you could get go kart going on that would be great and id come! :)

Audi A5

i'd defo be up for go karting!

and I'm up for the bhp show too, went to this a couple years ago, mostly jap stuff but was still a good day out. when is it? And do you know if their be doing the public track time again?

182 BG FF
Type it in on google bobby itll come up with all the info on there :) id be up for doing a few sessions if you and darren do :)

SG boost'd 200
The lad with the punto does work at the butchers mate.

Next time I'm down the track ill speak to the owner and see if I can get some sort of deal arranged for us, providing on numbers on whose up for it!
Lydden is the 6th May! And it would also appear that Lydden are doing club specials...15mins track time for 24 cars for £360....so £15 each providing we could get 24 cars together!

Didn't realise how many local people there were, as this is the case I shall organise something where we can all be catered for!

182FF
Yeah I recognise every car in the pics! Had a bit of banter with the swift when I had my old MCS down near greatstone! Always see the punto and white 200 about!

SG boost'd 200
...Jaidon who drives the punto and Arran who owns the swift are brothers. Simon who drives the 200 supply meat to the butchers in new Romney where jaidon works