ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunday Brunch North Weald 09th August @10:30am

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I'm teaching 10-12 then out for lunch with a friend so I'm afraid I'm out! :-(

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Hi Guys

So that is CSS15 over! And to nurse those blues away. How about a spot of Brekkie at the Wings Cafe on the 09th August at 10:30am?
@Sunglasses_Ron @Phase1sr @Rob @Chris91 @TheEvilGiraffe @Sash @AlexW @Kyle 86 @RyG @Goodj @Fantom @Brian @Dr Jekyll @MrBlonde
@Scrooge @Clio172T @Scattle @rs 1an

Sorry If I have missed some tags

I've not been to one of these before. I'm picking up a steering wheel at 10AM in Kent, but can come straight up to North Wield after that (I'd imagine 11AM ish). That's if this still happens as not many people above seem to be going!

Listerine & Poledo
These things aren't really a 'meet' in the McDonalds sense of the word.
They're more just the locals congregating for breakfast and look at some old planes...maybe some random sports cars if they're about. Even if you're the only person there, it's not the worst way to lose a Sunday morning.

That said, a day at Snetterton, cheering for Plato, is superior :wink:

Clio 200t
These things aren't really a 'meet' in the McDonalds sense of the word.
They're more just the locals congregating for breakfast and look at some old planes...maybe some random sports cars if they're about. Even if you're the only person there, it's not the worst way to lose a Sunday morning.

That said, a day at Snetterton, cheering for Plato, is superior :wink:

Yeah I've been before to one, but it's like an hours drive for me is all!

Listerine & Poledo
pfft. It's a good 90 min from me!

But this isn't a "who goes the furthest to hang with car fwend", willy-waving thread ;)

(Also, I've not been in ages)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I may turn up if i can get my car bits done on saturday.

I've not been to one of these before. I'm picking up a steering wheel at 10AM in Kent, but can come straight up to North Wield after that (I'd imagine 11AM ish). That's if this still happens as not many people above seem to be going!

Noticed you got a 182. Got a thread or anything? Also what steering wheel you got/getting?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I may turn up if i can get my car bits done on saturday.

Noticed you got a 182. Got a thread or anything? Also what steering wheel you got/getting?

Yeah there is a start of a thread in projects. But I dont pick it up until Saturday. Only a standard 182 wheel, my ones a bit melty, this one is a little melty but not as much.

PH2 172
Probs see you there chaps. Weather looks good.

@Rob @JD @Scrooge
I`m in.
My bonnet release cable has broken at the slam panel end..Has anyone got anything they have succesfully used to release the catch.If so,please bring it along.
Needs to be something along the lines of 18 inches of 8mm rod,with one end ground to a taper and bent through 90 degrees for an inch.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Anyone with mechanical knowledge of 182's coming too?

Picked mine up today. Odd noise on full lock, and when reversing at low revs, there is a scraping noise (like a loose bracket).

Also a squeak from drivers side from wheel at low speeds.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
We can even fit a trip over to the motorbike drag racing that is happening over at the other end of the main runaway :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Picked mine up today. Odd noise on full lock, and when reversing at low revs, there is a scraping noise (like a loose bracket).

Why did you buy a car with those issue's? Did the owner mention them?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Why did you buy a car with those issue's? Did the owner mention them?

No. But it was cheap enough that Im still happy with it.

Diagnosed the rattle/squeak as a loose fuel guard bit (well @Phase1sr took one look and shook it). Also the other noises are the cheap ill fitting exhaust (I knew about that though). So all good.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
No. But it was cheap enough that Im still happy with it.

Diagnosed the rattle/squeak as a loose fuel guard bit (well @Phase1sr took one look and shook it). Also the other noises are the cheap ill fitting exhaust (I knew about that though). So all good.
Bloody nice car this, few little bits to do but it will be mint. :cool:

Great seeing you and the misses today bud, :smiley: Tania loved the colour. :up:

Im at the end of the phone if you need help.

PH2 172

Collectively,I`m sure we will come up with some pointers.I`ll be the old git that looks like your grandad,with a white staffy & a flamer if you`d like to introduce yourself.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Collectively,I`m sure we will come up with some pointers.I`ll be the old git that looks like your grandad,with a white staffy & a flamer if you`d like to introduce yourself.

I think we met at the Dick Turpin last year, your staffy made a run for it in the pub haha! I'll make sure I say hi :)