ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sunroof problem

1.2 16v clio
does anyone have the problem with the sunroof that when its frozen i think wen its frozen it rattles abit and creeks wen its bumpy? if so any found a solution?
cheers
Tim

Ford Fiesta
no solution, my dynamique used to do it. You could try taking it out and putting lots of vaseline round edges?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Mine is awful all year round but yeah its even worse when its frozen. The first winter I had the car I was so sure it was gonna shatter on my head!

SEAT LEON
This Is A Comum Fault With All Clios With A Manual Sunroof. Rnault Have A Number Of Modifcations And To Truthfull They Work 4 A Bit Then Come Back. The First Easy One Is To Remove The Glass. Put Sunroof In Open Position And Push In The Red Button And Lift The Glass Up An Out. U Will See That The Hand Is On The Glass, It Has Two Thin Bars On It, The Bar Nearest The Glass, U Need To Rap Ither Insulation Tape Around A Few Times Or I Use A Small Rubber Tubing, Cut In Half And Put Over The Bar. Try This And Let Me Know How U Get On.

My sunroof was creaking and recently it was leaking too. I took it all apart and found that I needed a seal kit from renault for £37 and the main thing that caused the problems were the bolts came slightly loose.

My whole car creaks when it's cold and I'm going up down the kerb while reversing into the drive - nothing like a nice strong shell... :S LoL

Oyster Card
Mine did this, remove the rubber seal, peel back the roof lining and tighten the bolts spread around the sunroof - problem solved.

Mazda MX5 1.8
yeah mine is the same noisy thing its been since day 1

also when its wet i get a little water feature where the water splashes around in the wind