ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunsets like this...

SchwepTek™
Just found this on Flickr.

Whats needed to get a shot like this. Would my Canon 500D and 17-85mm be enough or do i need filters, etc?

3105111446_5da3be667f.jpg

SLK 350
4401836152_9815d3a46b.jpg

Loads of these, and a load more to upload. Malaysia last week, TZ7, no processing at all, should brush up OK.

S4 Avant
It's harder than it looks, either comes out with the foreground as a silouhette, or the sky completely overexposed

DSCN3521.jpg

DSCN3518.jpg

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Some of these are awesome, loving that ^^^. Been some gorgeous night recently, shame I've had a fall out with my camera :(

renault clio 1.4 16v
been having some nice sunsets over here in sunny south africa, just a few shots with a lil nikkon, playing around with with a free app called snapseed for the editing...

IMG-20140601-WA0035.gif
[/IMG]
IMG-20140601-WA0036.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG-20140601-WA0034-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

first 2 are panoramas so dont mind the clipping lol

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
To be honest, good sunset photos just come down to how good the sunset is, then obviously you need to capture it how you want to capture it.

To be honest, good sunset photos just come down to how good the sunset is, then obviously you need to capture it how you want to capture it.
I don't agree, look above you, awesome sun set, like one of the best I've ever seen but a straight forward unimaginative photo that doesn't do anything for me, apart from wish I was there ;)

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Well yes, but similarly you can be the best photographer in the world, but if the sunset is naff then you aren’t going to get the best sunset photo. So as long as you can capture it well then it comes down to how nice the actual sky is :)

Well yes, but similarly you can be the best photographer in the world, but if the sunset is naff then you aren’t going to get the best sunset photo. So as long as you can capture it well then it comes down to how nice the actual sky is :)

Nope still not having that one! That's like saying a car photograph is all about the having the best car in the world.

innfact what your saying is it's all about the subject and not the photographer. I see so many bad sunset shots when there's a stunning sunset and so many good sunset shots where a tog has made the most of a scene, I'm not saying it doesn't help to have a great sunset but only in the same why that you'd rather shoot a super car over a ford fiesta!

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Nope still not having that one! That's like saying a car photograph is all about the having the best car in the world.

innfact what your saying is it's all about the subject and not the photographer. I see so many bad sunset shots when there's a stunning sunset and so many good sunset shots where a tog has made the most of a scene, I'm not saying it doesn't help to have a great sunset but only in the same why that you'd rather shoot a super car over a ford fiesta!

What you said then is pretty much what I said, with subsets it does need to be a nice sunset to get a decent photo of it, the obviously the photographer needs to be able to capture it well, so it's dependent on both. But it helps to have a nice subject in the first place :)