ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension arm MOT failure, what parts?

Lionel Richie
you just need a ball joint mate, £17tops from GSF etc and about 20-30min tops to replace (12mm holes for a 172/182)

1994??? eh?

I'd get a lemforder one from ECP they have some discount on at the minute aswell.

M12 is what you want.

Clio 172 phase 1
Not our ecp ball joints are 10mm we don't have any correct for the 172/182 so don't be fooled by the sales team... I work for ecp and have searched the warehouse for sus arms and joints for the clio and I fact on renault catalog there is an error on our system on cross ref .... They will be 10mm not 12mm from ecp

Clio 172 phase 1
Unsure there for the 172? I know we list ones that state 12mm for the 02-clio but I know there wrong for the price it's safer and less time consuming to go straight to renault ... I'm going Barmy ATM there as I can't get complete arms cheap as we just don't do them and I don't fancy genuine ones as I want to poly bush them so seems a waste of money..... I wouldn't trust the ecp site tho ( In top cat we trust lmao ) noooooot

Lionel Richie
so its possible the supplied bolts were 10mm to match the 10mm balljoints but the hole in the wishbone was 12mm and you may not of noticed? We see that a lot, hence why we always reuse the originals