ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension p**n

An orange one
Picked these up today from Revolution in Newcastle, have wanted them for years since I had my old black V6 back in 2007, and finally, with it being my 30th tomorrow I asked simply for money from everyone and put it all towards these! :)

The quality is just amazing, they seem almost too good to fit. Don't think the wife would appreciate them on the mantelpiece though...

CAF69E1F-4A25-4DAD-8BB8-51DAF68C129E_zps2anbalzi.jpg

E8222A2A-0467-4B12-B844-F462D98CF069_zpslosufmlt.jpg

69EFDC61-C2D1-4DC1-8D4F-DC894CE0CB36_zpsjo5kyghp.jpg

New discs and pads to be fitted as well.

A476CA56-CDF9-4B12-93E9-CBB432009D86_zps1yngyaba.jpg

How much were the KW's Colin ? about four ton ?

I see you went with EBC red stuff. I have yellows but tbh they're not so good in town driving etc.. But I know I could go through the windscreen if I wanted to lol!

An orange one
How much were the KW's Colin ? about four ton ?

I see you went with EBC red stuff. I have yellows but tbh they're not so good in town driving etc.. But I know I could go through the windscreen if I wanted to lol!

£1526 for the KW's mate.. Hope they are as good as everyone makes out! I went with redstuffs after many reccomendations on v6clio.net. I can't wait to have the brakes done tbh, my front discs are warped and it's horrendous at the moment!

Wow man, I didn't realise they were so much money. Worth it though!

Lol, both my discs & pads were proper sh*te before I had them all done last year. I'm amazed it used to stop.

- Oh, Happy Birthday too mate (you should have done a thread)

An orange one
@rctempire Yeah APEC discs mate, tried and tested for years on Clio V6's and proven to be equal or even better than oem discs.

There's also the fact that these were £147 delivered for all 4.. Genuine renault discs are over £900 lol!

An orange one
Wow man, I didn't realise they were so much money. Worth it though!

Lol, both my discs & pads were proper sh*te before I had them all done last year. I'm amazed it used to stop.

- Oh, Happy Birthday too mate (you should have done a thread)

Thanks, there was a birthday thread on here yesterday and the poor lad got called needy so I didn't bother lol ;)

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
@rctempire Yeah APEC discs mate, tried and tested for years on Clio V6's and proven to be equal or even better than oem discs.

There's also the fact that these were £147 delivered for all 4.. Genuine renault discs are over £900 lol!
That's fine, wouldn't expect anyone to buy Renault discs after they where done. Just odd choice for me. Thought you more of a brembo type.

An orange one
That's fine, wouldn't expect anyone to buy Renault discs after they where done. Just odd choice for me. Thought you more of a brembo type.
AFAIK it's just APEC or renault available for the Vee, unless you go full baller and fit K-Tecs big brake kit. That's one of the problems with the clio v6, it was sold in such small numbers most companies don't even make stuff for it. APEC has been a godsend in this way :)
But this one is contains much less need and more cool stuff.
Haha cheers mate!
Don't you do like 10 miles a year? :wink: Expensive miles...
Usually around 1k per year, done nearly 1200 this year though! Almost CAT D iirc! Although when it is out and about it gets driven properly and hard! none of this worrying about stone chips etc!

An orange one
You'll not go far wrong with kw's mate. Awesome in EVERY way. The ride quality of my v2's was exceptional.

That's what I like to hear mate! Brilliant stuff! Was worried about them being overly firm on our shocking roads, but I'm led to believe they make the car feel planted! :)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
That's what I like to hear mate! Brilliant stuff! Was worried about them being overly firm on our shocking roads, but I'm led to believe they make the car feel planted! :smile:
Well they helped to take my car around the nordschliefe in 8:31 mate, so they'll be plenty good enough for UK roads. Tbh I loved them to bits and sometimes wished I'd upgraded to the custom kw's instead of the ast's.

An orange one
On a side note, this is the only car I've owned including m3's etc that has 4 complete units rather than the rears being separate dampers and springs!

Is this quite a rare thing??

PB172,dci100,dci65
Rear suspension construction might be related to RWD.
btw. Nice suspension upgrade. You will need few rounds to set it up properly IMO.

An orange one
Getting these fitted on the 8th May, got a bit of a noob question but do coilovers "settle" like normal springs or stay at the height you set..

Also purchased some H&R spacers for the stance scene y0! :p

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
They will settle a bit after they have done some miles, I always get a simple tracking check done first then after they have settled get it properly done and corner weighted, if you must.

An orange one
They will settle a bit after they have done some miles, I always get a simple tracking check done first then after they have settled get it properly done and corner weighted, if you must.

Thanks Jamie, good plan with the basic tracking! So if I get it all aligned in the future and then adjust the height will this then knock everything out again??

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yup, should settle in a year or 2.

Also lol at the apec chat, they're fine, used them on track many a time and even after scoring them by basically melting the pads they were still fine, I'd have no problem leaving them on when you gift it to me.

From an automotive design point of view, separate spring/damper versus a strut/coil-over-damper is a 10% attribute 90% packaging consideration.

Despite what GAZ would like you to think, having a coil-over-damper arrangement isn't automatically 10000000x better but it does have slight structural & performance benefits in certain applications.

On the other hand a separate spring damper can allow you to use a shorter, softer, lighter & cheaper spring but retain the required wheel rate & large suspension travels via motion ratios etc. Mainly though sticking a bulky (think 5" diameter OEM springs, not the 2" stuff you see on aftermarket parts) spring on top of a damper on the rear of a car requires big wheels arches and hence can intrude into boot space quite a lot.