ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

suspension refresh or springs

hi all, just out of curiosity (and please tell me if im being properly thick here..) would cup suspension fit on my non cup 182?
if it does then lovely thats what ill be buying soon! if not im just going to get a set of cooksport springs instead.

172 Turbo
As above, the hub spacing is different on the 182 Cup. The 182 shares the same hubs as the rest of the 172/182 range

oh okay, looking on ren-parts direct i cant find any hub spacing or whatever, am i right in saying theyre relatively easy to source and cheap to get hold of also? i mean, the cup shocks are a few pennies cheaper than standard ones that was why i was asking about them, why pay a bit more for standard ones when i could get the cup ones was my thinking!

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
If non cup 182 uses the same hubs as non cup 172 then surely you can bolt on 172 cup shocks as I believe these are interchangeable

the rear shocks from a 182 cup will go in alright or will they be incompatible like the fronts too?
looking at ren-parts i can find 172 cup front shocks but not rears, so would 172 cup shocks up front and 182 cup rear shocks be alright or will the 182 ones not fit?

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
182 cup rear shocks are 172 cup shocks. Exactly the same. Ignore the part numbers that say the 172 cup has the same as a normal 172.

I have 182 cup rears on my 172 cup.

No issues with fitment at all.