ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension

Hello, Ive got a clio 172 and my suspension keeps making creaking noises. It doesnt do it all the time but I have got horses and the track to the yard has a few lumps and bumps in it but I wouldnt have thought enough to mess up my suspension! I contacted a renault dealership and they kindly informed me that if they had a look at it they would charge me for an hours labour which would be around £70!! Help! does anyone elses clio have creaking noises and could this be normal??

[Edited by Katie on 21 January 2005 at 5:37pm]

Sorry, no it doesnt happen on smooth roads, only on bumpy raods and I do go slow!! It also doesnt sound very happy when I put a full lock on turning round and things!

the full lock thing is normal its a case of having big fat tyres

the 172 suspension is not designed for bumpy roads and tracks i would suggest that its just the track uses all of the available travel and your bottoming it out.

if it doesnt happen on the road there shouldnt be a problem if you concerend take it to your local garage for a check they will be much chea[er than renault

Black 182 + Recaros

I think thats a common problem mate. Its worse on my car when turning and going over a bumpy road. Some people call it a knocking or rumbling noise. I get it all the time. I hate it, but nobody has come up with a solution yet. Its been going on for years now. The wheels havent fallen off yet, so I dont think its too serious, just very un-nerving.

yea best to take it somewhere local and reliable - unless u know any mechanics/ mechanically minded people, wouldnt really advise going to renault, leave that as last resort. far too expensive!

Mercedes SLK350

Its the shock tops.

There is a modification, had it done on my 182.

Seems to be a design fault.

Even if your car is out of warranty, I dont see why you should pay because of a design fault.

Contact Renault uk.

No I havnt got a private plate Im from Bedford. Does anyone else get a funny banging noise when you try to pull away fast? Its like when the car is trying to get traction? It doesnt spin but as I pull away hard its by the front wheels and is really loud?? Its almost like a hammering noise?

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Katie on 22 January 2005

No I havnt got a private plate Im from Bedford. Does anyone else get a funny banging noise when you try to pull away fast? Its like when the car is trying to get traction? It doesnt spin but as I pull away hard its by the front wheels and is really loud?? Its almost like a hammering noise?
Yep, prob the engine smacking the subframe (i think)...dont worry tho its normal.