ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swapping ECU help please!

'07 197
Right I own a Mk2 clio 1.4 extreme which i have just had re-mapped.. Last night i was in an accident and the car is now written off :cry: (Badtimes!) but although the car wont start due to the cambelt snapping the engine is in tact still, Im looking to buy another Mk2 1.4 clio Dynamique tomorrow and dont want that re map to have gone to waste. Does anyone know if i could change the ECU's so the new clio i buy will have the remap and if so does anyone know where to start about removing and replacing it?

Megane dci 130
Yeah pretty straight forward. ECU is behind the battery, UCH is behind the glovebox and use the old key head and the new blade on your new car.

2007 clio dynamique
Sorry to interupt on this thread but can i just ask could you notice a difference with the remap ive asked on here before but i got the usual buy a sport lol would be good to get a reply from someone whos had it done

'07 197
Thanks @shepperdspie! And to answer your question @glowworm yes I noticed a difference, there was an improvement in throttle response, it ran much smoother through the gears and gave me and extra 8bhp, I had it done at k tec racing, well worth it I thought!

'07 197
I haven't gone through the insurance to claim for the car in all honesty, seen as I'm 18 all that's gonna happen is my insurance will go up by £5000 :( so I decided a £2500 loss of scrapping the car would be better ;) but if anyone needs any Clio spares you know who to ask ;) there is only damage to the front drivers side and the engine won't turn over

'07 197
I tried going down that route of fixing it but someone from a crash repair garage came out last night and told me it's a category B and the chassis is bent as there is a crease in the roof, according to him it's not safe to repair it