ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Switching to 17's?

'04 Clio 1.6
Ideally, I should just post everything i plan on doing and require insight with in the projects section and get it all over and done with, and I should also scroll through the large history for any things that share my current issue but I'd like to just ask here anyhoo.

The main bulk of my planned work on the car is to replace specific parts like the front end/front wings to the 2.0 sport. (Mines currently a mk2 ph2 2004 Dynamique)

Im also looking to change the alloys to what I was originally hoping the standard alloys for the V6 models, however finding them for sale whether original or replica is proving difficult. Since then I've found these; Team Dynamic Jet White.
team-dynamics-jet-white-7x17-zoll-alufelgen.jpg

Ideally I'd like to go to 17'' however a friend of mine reckons it would be a little bit of trouble and affect the handling of the car too, but I was wondering what people thought would be the suitable option, either to go for 17s and have to lower/fiddle about with the suspension and supposedly ruin the handling or just chicken out and go for 16s (providing that also wont screw up the drive)

'04 Clio 1.6
Oh really? Unfortunately I havent had the oppertunity to see what they'd look like but if you guys say 16's Ill take yee word for it!

Im assuming 16's wont affect handling or require fiddling about with too badly?

Rusty Cup
Nothing wrong with 17's on a non sport. But the larger the engine the less sense it makes in my eyes as larger wheels impede acceleration.

It depends tbf mate, Iv got 17's on my non-sport and I've lowered the car because they leFt a larger gap in the arches, but they look fantastic on, but you're better off going and looking at the off-set etc of the wheels and finding out what the ideal off-set is for the car that way you won't have any rubbing etcBut as for having to fiddle with it... Providing you buy wheels with the right set up, you won't have to fiddle with anything mate, it'll be up to you whether you want to lower it or not at that point though..

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
15s or 16s only on a mk2 clio IMHO, everything else just seems to overpower the car visually and look wrong.

'04 Clio 1.6
Hahaha wow those pictures really put it into perspective!

Thanks a lot guys, been a massive help. Ima go for 16's. Hopefully I can find somewhere that does those wheels cheap as I've got a lot of things I'd like to do to my Clio but its looking to add up!