ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

T-Mobile Blackberry Nightmare

1.6 Ford Focus
I was given a T-Mobile blackberry as work were chucking them out... It didn't come with a SIM card so I just got T-Mobile to send one through to me, which arrived today... Now the fun and games of getting the damn thing to work have begun.

The SIM card does work in terms of making and receiving calls BUT the damn thing doesn't want to text or even tell me how much credit is on the phone. I realise that to get online, even using GPRS, I need a data plan which is ok as I can use my Nokia N95 for that instead. It's just texting that is the issue...

When I go to the SIM options and select My T-Mobile a message comes up saying All services are free to use... I click OK and if I select something like Balance Checker it comes up with Free balance check, obviously I click ok... but threes where the problem starts. It then comes up with Error sending message...

Is there something I need to set up? The phone was originally a contract phone on T-Mobile so I got myself a Pay as you go T-Mobile card.

Nissan Jewk
Give customer services a buzz? Register your PAYG sim and they'll make sure the correct boosters are active

182FF with cup packs
Phone customeer services and get them to send an auto setup message to your phone. Should recieve a text message that sets up all the APNs etc.

1.6 Ford Focus
Phone customeer services and get them to send an auto setup message to your phone. Should recieve a text message that sets up all the APNs etc.

That worked... partially anyway. I can now send and receive texts and I noticed that the GPRS mobile internet now works, however the balance and allowance checker still comes up with the same error message.

I also noticed that when I played around with the options and went into one of the network options it gave me an error message saying there is something wrong with the SIM card and I can't edit the settings.