ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Take care in the snow :(

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Why? £100 tyre vs £40 repair. It was late at night, I need my car for work in the mornings, I have no spare wheel.

Obviously i've no idea how fast you where going, but i'd rather have my suspension take a hit straight on rather than sideways if you get me.

new clio, pug 205,
this is what happens when you hit black ice (my mates car)

http://xrtwo.speedcentral.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=88169&start=0

it goes from this
jasons xr2.jpg

to this

20101127_001.jpg

from this
31170_391889040457_507305457_4513991_4584580_n.jpg

to this

20101127_010.jpg

this happend the night befor the snow fell for more info read the link at the top

take care out there

Nimbus R27
I skidded this morning and was heading straight into the back of the car in front. I dunno how I did it, but steered into a carpark entrace off the road I was on and avoided a smash! Well chuffed!

Tyssen - I hope your mums ok?

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
i would choose wheel too, but i cant even drive my car 10 yards let alone get my street, so am not gonna be hitting any curbs any time soon anyway, lol

172 cup
I skidded this morning and was heading straight into the back of the car in front. I dunno how I did it, but steered into a carpark entrace off the road I was on and avoided a smash! Well chuffed!

Tyssen - I hope your mums ok?

I did something similar, close call though

Yes shes ok, whiplash and car is pretty much a write off we reckon - she is just shaken up

alien green rs133
rally spec forrest tyres are needed in my neck of the woods :D
seem to work really well, for part worn, normally scrap tyres (rally lads chuck the away when they are well used, turns out they are still good in snow :D)

Obviously i've no idea how fast you where going, but i'd rather have my suspension take a hit straight on rather than sideways if you get me.

Fair enough, wasn't fast enough to do that but can see where you're coming from. Would have been highly unlucky to have burst a tyre tbh but by the time I'd decided it had happened.

Its a wheel, get over it!

Sook me, just paid £200 to get the b******s powder coated and then this!

197 FF
i did mine two days ago, passenger front wheel, huge chunk out of the alloy, piece of metal sticking into the tyre, definite bend on something at the front, think its the steering arm, in the garage now waiting the news, hit a kerb side on at about 10-15mph on way home from work, 1am so luckily nothing around to hit me. I am gutted but could have been worse, just a repair bill to swallow before xmas. joyous!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
my mate came round a corner in his 4x4 to find and abandoned fiesta right on the apex of the corner in the middle of the road... BOOM!! slight scuff to his truck, fiesta is a right off!

seriously why do people abandon thier cars in the stupidest of places!! at least make sure its as out of the way as you can get it