ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Taking sport photos

clio 182
Photos of roller hockey...

Using a canon 500d, with a sigma 70-200mm 1:2.8 lens. It's my dads camera n he is new to taking photos using a 'proper' camera. He said to use the AV setting and continuous shooting?

Any tips? Taking them in a sports hall so will have the yellow/browny tone to the photos.

Cheers

Yep, shooting in aperture priority would be best for most of it. Set it to whatever aperture you want, then if the shutter speed is too low (because of the low light), increase the ISO.

Regarding the white balance, you could quickly play about with the settings on the camera to get the best result, OR change it later in post (if you shot in RAW).

clio 182
Yeah cheers for that. The lighting is ok actually n shooting in av some of the shots are coming out really well actually, to my surprise too! Started in raw n now straight to jpeg so i can take more photos, dont really need to be in raw. Will put a few of the best ones in here once I've had abit of a play around. Taken over 350 already another reason for taking them straight in jpeg. Got another hour to go!!!