ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

taking wheels off when detailing

how often do people do this?

when i do my car properly it goes on axle stands and parts come off the body work like mirrors, door handles, trim etc

how far do people go when detailing other people's cars? as a lot of videos i have watched do not show the pro's taking wheels off to clay/polish/seal wheels' insides?

jamie

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going to be taking mine off in a few weeks but as said I think owners would worry if you started pulling there cars apart whilst giveing them a detail

I whip mine off & give them a good clean up (front and back) every six months or so.

For detailing other folks cars, unless your doing a proper pro job (and they want them off and cleaned) i'd leave them on and just do the fronts.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Jamie takes the Window Seals off and Glass out when Detailing His Car though remember ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Jamie I didn't realise you were that bad mate!

Jamie takes the Window Seals off and Glass out when Detailing His Car though remember ;)

so do you! least i don't take my engine and electrics out and put my car in the bath ;)

Jamie I didn't realise you were that bad mate!

doc says i am spethal lol

little bit too attentive to detail my friend, good for projects at work, bad for car detailing!

I'll probably do it when the weather is consistently better, as when its wet it's pointless when it's wet. It'll be dirty as soon as you drive anywhere :(

truth. i just like to see the water beading on all areas of the wheel. and i hate the fact that last time i had them refurbed they only did the faces, so leaving a really rough surface on the inside :(

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
truth. i just like to see the water beading on all areas of the wheel. and i hate the fact that last time i had them refurbed they only did the faces, so leaving a really rough surface on the inside :(

I know it can be expensive but Counselling will cost less than your detailing habit

Its how I've rolled for the past 2 1/2 years when cleaning my car at home :eek:

Karcher coming soon then the Snow Foam fun can commence :)

3 years at uni i got flat mates to pass out buckets of water from out mahoosive window since our flat was behind three locking doors lol

mate, you havent lived until you have messed with the karcher and snow foam, seriously, i do it just for s***s and giggles even when the car is tidy enough lol!!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
mate, you havent lived until you have messed with the karcher and snow foam, seriously, i do it just for s**ts and giggles even when the car is tidy enough lol!!

It will be Fun and the GF may even buy me the Foam Lance for my Birthday as she wants it used on her car aswell as she likes the pics of the foam she has seen on here

Ph1 172 + Combo van
2-3 times a year. Mainly before shows, take them off clean and seal the insides then give the calipers another lick of paint while the wheels off.

BMW E46 330i Touring
The professionals have to weigh up time versus money the customer is spending. Most paying customers would rather the job take a couple hours less and be charged less for the privilege.

Removing mirrors, handles, etc seems a little pointless unless you're going for true concourse and, imo, proper concourse is only really worthwhile on something old / unique.