ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Talk Talk Broadband.

LY R26 #288
Anyone else with TalkTalk?.

I'm getting so frustrated with it. I've got an 8mb connection but 80% of the time its being throttled by TalkTalk. Youtube videos (480) take ages to load. Its so annoying.

Same with torrents 10kb/s max at peak times. At peak times you have no hopes!.

Yeah mine is currently at 5mb connection...

Worst thing for me is at peak time every hour is looses connection for 15 mins...

You get what you pay for though, its cheap, like the budgie! :) lol

LY R26 #288
Luckily my connection is pretty stable. It never drops out. And it can be really quick in the middle of the night lol!. But most of the time its being shaped by talktalk and its so slow.

I only started this thread because I was waiting for a YouTube video to load!. :boring:

1998 BMW e46 323i
We have an engineer coming out on Tuesday, because we're disconnecting 20 odd times a day from the net. I hate TT, but they're cheap, and we usually get >10MB down.

Only had to spend about 4 hrs over a week onto the plebs in the call centres. And we had the exact same prob about 6 months ago?!

172,scenic, trafic
My talktalk is ok but does drop a lot which is annoying when gaming. But then every isp is much of a much Ness isnt it

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If you care about reliable internet, thats fast, all the time then try and get fibre. Virgin if its in your area, BT's FTTC if you don't have access to virgin.

Its quite expensive, I used to pay nothing for BB through sky, now I pay £28 i think, its well worth it though!

Clio 1.6 16v
im with Talk Talk and im currently getting 0.2Mb ... beat that ;)
been like it for ages now, constantly losing connection and having to reset the router.

We are changing provider asap

I've just got BT Infinity (the FTCC), getting 4.4MB/s constant downloads (including torrenting with encryption), i couldn't recommend it enough!

Coming from 3mbit it's night and day, if i fancy downloading an old game on steam i actually have the ability of playing it the same day (usually the same hour) now :D

Also within the next year they're updating their "software" to allow a bandwidth of 80mbit :)

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
TalkTalk here.

DownStream Connection Speed21694 kbps
UpStream Connection Speed1020 kbps

Usually max download around 1.3Mbps from Steam and HTTP downloads.

No problems with TalkTalk, but they do block Torrents from around 5pm-12pm though. Not that I use them, just reports from another mate.

TalkTalk here.

DownStream Connection Speed21694 kbps
UpStream Connection Speed1020 kbps

Usually max download around 1.3Mbps from Steam and HTTP downloads.

No problems with TalkTalk, but they do block Torrents from around 5pm-12pm though. Not that I use them, just reports from another mate.

very nice, are you close to the exchange? my girlfriend is ~1mile away and gets 0.5mbit :( its shocking!

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
The exchange is ~0.5 miles away. Very close lol.

I did however slightly mod my faceplate and I am using the test socket for my connection. Could tell her to do that? Bumped me up a few MB on my sync.

Evo 5 RS
You have no problem with Talk Talk Logie because you're clearly within 2 miles of the exchange.

Our local exchange is a total joke and has only recently adopted ADSL2. Talk Talks support is totally f**king shocking as is the equipment they lease from BT at the exchange, so unless like _Logie you live on top of yours, stay the hell away.

I get timed out every 15 minutes. Synced at 4mb I just about maintain 10dB SNR which goes down to roughly 8 or 9 during peak hours and get constant ping spikes.

Cable please..

I did however slightly mod my faceplate and I am using the test socket for my connection. Could tell her to do that? Bumped me up a few MB on my sync.

I've got my iPlate spare now so we're going to try that later on :) touch wood it'll fix it, otherwise yeah i'll try the test socket!

You have no problem with Talk Talk Logie because you're clearly within 2 miles of the exchange.

Our local exchange is a total joke and has only recently adopted ADSL2. Talk Talks support is totally f**king shocking as is the equipment they lease from BT at the exchange, so unless like _Logie you live on top of yours, stay the hell away.

I get timed out every 15 minutes. Synced at 4mb I just about maintain 10dB SNR which goes down to roughly 8 or 9 during peak hours and get constant ping spikes.

Cable please..

this exactly, unless you live directly on the exchange don't bother.

I live about a mile away, but it goes a long route which is about 2 miles, we tried TalkTalk a few months ago but cancelled within the cancellation period, we were meant to get up to 16mbit but again still only got 3mbit. And to further show this is poor, we actually had a new line installed (second socket etc), so it wasn't a case of just switching over at the exchange!

Now we're on Infinity, the exchange is directly off our road so couldn't be closer.

Evo 5 RS

You realise using the test socket does absolutely f' all ;) ?

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Well it did pull me up to a 21MB sync so I bed to differ :rasp:. Spent a good while testing with / without it in the test socket and got better results with it in the test socket.

Evo 5 RS
Think that can only be because when using the test socket all the data stored is lost, so gradually you'd just get synced to what you're normally at

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Well whenever I plugged it in the normal socket I synced at say (not exact) 12-13MB so I plugged it out, plugged it into the test socket and rebooted my router and it synced immediately at 21MB and since then it's been the same steady 21MB sync. That was quite a few months back, ~8 months or so if not more.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Meh I'm not too fussed haha I'll be happy keeping this speed. Fibre optic is now in the town 15 miles away from me, hopefully it works on upwards.

Test socket cuts out the rest of the phone wiring in the house, therefore less distance for the signal to travel around. On newer properties it's not as much of an issue but older ones can see .5mb + increase.

M135i
Take the bell wire out.

Go onto talktalkmembers.com and go onto the forums. Give them your router stats and they may be able to change your profile. I had my old talktalk connection changed to a 6db profile which is the best for speed if you have a stable connection.

Mk3 clio 1.5
im getting 3.5mbps downstream and 500kbps up. had a lot of problems with connection when first signed up many years ago, but last couple of year been fine. I get around 400kb download speeds thorugh internet and NZb's dont trust torrent to save my life. try changing your port on the torrent client oyur using, sometimes they block specific ones, or manually change settings on router, worked for me :)

I bought one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iPlate-BT...K_Computing_Networking_SM&hash=item2c50824ee3

boosted bb from 2.5 to 3.5 :)

im getting 3.5mbps downstream and 500kbps up. had a lot of problems with connection when first signed up many years ago, but last couple of year been fine. I get around 400kb download speeds thorugh internet and NZb's dont trust torrent to save my life. try changing your port on the torrent client oyur using, sometimes they block specific ones, or manually change settings on router, worked for me :)

I bought one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iPlate-BT...K_Computing_Networking_SM&hash=item2c50824ee3

I also got boosted from 2.3 to 3.3, I dEfinitely recommend them, giving mine to my gf now to hopefully sort out her 0.8mbit with talktalk!

I can't check the eBay link but check the BT store also, maybe cheaper or more expensive!

Just bought one of those in the link, hopefully it'll give me a little bit of a faster connection. Mine's quite dire TBH.

Bumder With A Buffer

I also got boosted from 2.3 to 3.3, I dEfinitely recommend them, giving mine to my gf now to hopefully sort out her 0.8mbit with talktalk!

I can't check the eBay link but check the BT store also, maybe cheaper or more expensive!

Couldn't you just chop the bell wire instead of one of them plates?

it's essentially the same thing yeah!
it's just noise reduction and doesn't pass the "old" lines through the socket, and i think it is the bell wire :)

Just take the bell wire out of the mastersocket. The iplate does the exact same thing.