ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tapperty / Ticking Noise

Clio 200
As above, can hear it not on idle but when driving 30, 40mph ish. May have always heard it but now iv heard it can hear it majority of time!

Anybody else got this issue or know what it could be?

M135i, 118 coupe
I get it sometimes, sounds like its coming from rear drivers side, almost sounds
like a CD skipping on an old cd player

Clio 200
Interesting way of explaining it mate! Mine sounds more from engine bay but I could be wrong. Any ideas?

Welcome to the L4yer
I would check your spark plugs are not loose, can make a tapperty noise if so. You can quickly check by looking at the tops of the HT leads between the cylinder head and inlet manifold. If any of them are vibrating up and down get it sorted quick. I didn't and stripped the spark plug thread in the cylinder head! Managed to get it helicoiled though.

Clio 200
Just checked oil and that is clean, smells good & level is good! Will have a poke around the engine bay & see if anything looks or feels untoward!

Clio 182 arctic
does it increase with revs bud. i have the same sort of issue and it increases with revs, rev it slowly up to about 2krpm and listen out. mne only does t sometimes though, not all the time.