ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tapping noise from cabin

RS Clio 172 Cup
When the engines ticking over an I'm sat in the car I can hear a faint tapping noise from the engine bay, I can't hear the same noise lifting the bonnet? Not much to go off I know but does anyone have any ideas what it could be or if it's even worth worrying about

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
nope, the 172/182 refers to the French use of PS instead of HP for engine power ratings that's all.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
They're always strongest just before they go BANG (Apparently) hehehe

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yes its the fuel vapour/anti-pollution removal setup and the noise is normally from the purge valve activating.

Normally happens when the engine is warm and is stood idling in traffic. Revving it above 2k usually stops ot from happening for a few seconds.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
For some reason it is nearly always 172 Cups that do it. Open the bonet and the noise isn't there. Back in the drivers seat and it sounds like the timing belt area and s***s you up. Put your ear to the drivers front wheel and you'll hear it ;-)