ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tech help for Laptop please

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
Ok, so I bought a dell inspiron 1525. While back, now it's been running slow but still working. Until now... I've been looking into getting a mbp but at the moment funds do not allow this. So trying to fix this laptop. When I switch the laptop on, it runs the software and it's fine until it reaches the log on screen. Once it gets that far the screen goes black and the on screen keyboard pops up, I've tried hooking it up to an hdmi cable to my tv but still only shows my keyboard and a blank screen. It allows me to get into bios and safe mode but won't allow me to log on normally! Any help would be much help
Thanks in advance
Greg

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
Ok, so tried both and now when starting up an running safe mode, when loading up all the files it just hangs... Any help? PLEASE?

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
Now apparently someone has lost my drivers disks, anyone got any I can borrow or send over email?

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
What file does it hang on?

Got it passed that point by running the system software. Just need some wireless card software and then we will be winning. Dunno how to get it though, any ideas?

Graphics drivers can be obtained directly from the original designer of the hardware (e.g. nvidia, ATI, Intel) This is the preffered place to obtain drivers as they are 100% unmodified by third parties, they are full release versions (i.e. should be tested, are not beta versions as found on sites such as guru3D) and will work with the widest array of components. On very rare occasions a manufacturing company (Asus, Point of View, BFG, Sapphire, Club3D) will modify and release their own version of the driver with special compatability or performance features.

Actually, this is probably your best bet. I searched the Dell support site by laptop model number. The graphics drivers are under "video" and is the fourth one down, "Intel Driver - Applies to GM965 chipset." I'd suggest you borrow a mate's laptop to download that. Whack it on a memory stick. Boot into safe mode. Insert memory stick. Install drivers.

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
Cheers guys away to do it on my dads laptop see what I can get from there. This is a royal pain in the arse thanks for the help
:)

Do you have a system disc that would of came with the laptop?

Or is there a partition on the laptop which has the system image on that you can boot in to and restore from?

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
Do you have a system disc that would of came with the laptop?

Or is there a partition on the laptop which has the system image on that you can boot in to and restore from?

Have the system disk mate :)