ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temperamental electrics

I know not to be surprised, I had a laguna a few years ago. But I'm having a few issues with electrics.
1, The seatbelt light sometimes stays on, even though I've got belt on properly.
2, The back are lights are sometimes on, sometimes not. With no reversing lights.
3, The service light stays on, but for an hour or two yesterday it went off.
Now I know the service light is for a fault, and its booked in Wednesday for a full service/alternator check/fault diagnosis. And I'm gonna go out now and check the bulbs/fuses and connection to make sure everything is ok there.
But could all these things be one simple thing or is it a case of needle in haystack time ?

renault clio 1.4 16v
checking the fuses would be a good place to start, going through the entire car and cleaning every plug and sensor you can find worked to solve all my electrical issues

Just taken it for a spin and am thinking it might be the airbag light, pic of a seatbelt with a balloon in front of little man on top right of dash ?
And it goes on and off intermittently with the service light. So I'm thinking loose connection ?

The SERV light will always accompany another light to show a fault. If you are getting the airbag light up I'd bet it was something to do with the wiring for the airbags within the seats.

Have a look under the seats and have a check the connections are tight. My airbag light sometimes comes on when the passenger seat has been moved and it requires just a jiggle of the wires and the lights go out.

The SERV light will always accompany another light to show a fault. If you are getting the airbag light up I'd bet it was something to do with the wiring for the airbags within the seats.

Have a look under the seats and have a check the connections are tight. My airbag light sometimes comes on when the passenger seat has been moved and it requires just a jiggle of the wires and the lights go out.
Thanks, its the wires under passenger seat.