ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temperature needle dropped.

Arctic 182
Afternoon guys,

I was parked up with the engine running after driving back from work (nothing mental, dual carriageway 70mph for half hour then 30-40mph for ten mins)
The needle dropped quite suddenly from halfway to around a quarter. It was moving up & down a little bit for 40 seconds or so then moved back to halfway.

I’ve had a look on here & seen things from air in the system, to thermostat issues but nothing mentioned the sudden drop.

Anyone aware of a likely cause at all please?

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'm going back more than 11 years now , when my 182 was only a couple of months old . My temp gauge just started to randomly go up and down , even after I'd been driving it for a while . It turned out it was just a loose connection on the coolant temp sensor . " I think " it's located under the airbox on the side of the block . I saw some posts about this and suggestions about wiggling the wire . It sorted mine out and has been fine ever since . You'll obviously have to remove the airbox to gain access and see if the connections a bit loose. It's worth a try .

Arctic 182
Thanks mate that’s great, I’ll give it a go. I’ve got a KTec kit on at the mo but had it off at the weekend so might have knocked it.
Appreciate the advice.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Thanks mate that’s great, I’ll give it a go. I’ve got a KTec kit on at the mo but had it off at the weekend so might have knocked it.
Appreciate the advice.

It sounds plausable that you might have knocked it . You'll have to report back if it was just the coolant temp sensor wire .

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Mine used to drop to cold/off when the fan kicked in and then when the fan stopped it then jumped back to the temeprature it was. Turned out to be a faulty temp sensor.
And yes it is under the air box area on the side of the engine.

Arctic 182
Nice one mate thank you.
I also had the front bumper & passenger wing off so maybe I caught it putting it back on. Oil change Saturday so I’ll investigate!