ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temperture problem...

Cupped 182 with Recaros
Hey,

Car (55 plate 182, 19k miles) has developed a problem... the engine was warm and I was driving along motorway at 70mph (obviously) when the temp gauge fell to zero and the car started to splutter and not respond to the throttle. It recovered after about 15 seconds or so and the gauge went back to around normal but fluttered around a bit.

Also, tick-over is a bit odd too, fluctuating between 800-1200 rpm even when the engine is warm.

Question is... has this happened to anyone else here? Does the temperature sensor need replacing? or just some kind of electrical re-set?

Am gonna book it into Renaultsport in Wimbledon to check it out, but was just wondering...

cheers

Jon

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
Can i ask....normal temp is wat? on the display how many bars are lit up? Actually I have a 1.6 16v Dynamique.

Hey,

Car (55 plate 182, 19k miles) has developed a problem... the engine was warm and I was driving along motorway at 70mph (obviously) when the temp gauge fell to zero and the car started to splutter and not respond to the throttle. It recovered after about 15 seconds or so and the gauge went back to around normal but fluttered around a bit.

Also, tick-over is a bit odd too, fluctuating between 800-1200 rpm even when the engine is warm.

Question is... has this happened to anyone else here? Does the temperature sensor need replacing? or just some kind of electrical re-set?
Hum sorry yep its a coolent temp issue I read the thread last night and didn't notice any mention of the temp gauage moving so unless you edited the thread Im going mad.

Coolent temp sensor failure is quite common.
Mine goes up to half way when warm:)

out of interest..how can the carbon cannister effect the temp??
My mistake it seems see above.