ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tether. End of.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Got the famous Glow Plug and limp mode issue.

Things that have been done:

Changed Glow Plugs
Changed Relay
Cleaned EGR Valve
Ran that diesel cleaner stuff
Reset ECU

None of that has worked. I'm at a complete loose end. What do I do next?

:dead:

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
I'm hoping to inherit it from my dad. He doesn't use it that much and I commute 70 miles a day.

I would have bought something else by now but I'm getting this for next to nothing.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Not since my old man's had it. It was perfectly fine for about 5 months then the glow plug light came on and it's been half-dead ever since. Cleaning the EGR Valve has improved the MPG but that's all it did.

Megane dci 130
If the warning light is illuminated, there will be stored fault. You need to get it fault tested. Theres no use in just bolting new parts on willy nilly.

It will either be an overboosting issue or fuel presure.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Had it done. They said it was the glow plug but it wasn't as it had just been replaced.

And we're not just bolting on parts willy nilly thanks. Renault themselves suggested the relay and internet searching suggested cleaning the EGR Valve.

Why would it be overboosting or fuel pressure causing it not to start? The cut out is limp mode I know that. When the original error is fixed that'll disappear.

120d M Sport
Serious suggestion, I don't know whether it might be of some relevance but I always used to fill up at the local tesco and for months I had a recurring problem with my 1.2 16v going into limp mode with lights on the dash, it became quite persistant in the end. Someone randomly suggested that I stop using shitty supermarket fuel, so with nothing to lose I started going to the local Shell/Total garages instead and (touches wood) the problem seemed to clear itself hasn't come back since. Take from that what you may...

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Would it start okay though? It's the not starting that's pissing us off. Anything's worth a shot though, so next time he fills it up I'll tell him to put some reet diesel in it.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Just cleaning the EGR I would replace it. It worked with mine if not the injectors should be looked at

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Cleaning the egr never works. I've done my dci and both my bosses kangoo vans it need replacing

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Results:

1011 - Drive speed sensor faulty (the guy said not linked to the main issue)

1088 - Rail Pressure Monitoring minimum pressure

What now? lol.

Skoda Fabia vRS
a few months back we did a fuel pipe on one, the pipe with the prime bulb on it

any air in your fuel lines, or leaks ?

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Ok so it's in the garage today getting looked at. Guy said it's £150 to get the injectors checked straightaway, so he wants to explore other avenues first.

Think this could cost me a f*cking fortune tbh.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Following on from hijacking this thread:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=478850

Right couldn't really understand the guy lol but from what I gathered he said something about the air pressure or something, part is £20-£30 and a couple of hours labour so £100 for that in total. He also said injector no.2 is faulty and it'll be £140 + coding + labour so about £200-£220 for that, but he wants to do the air thing first so I said go ahead, he's going to phone me when he's done it hopefully by tomorrow.

185lb/ft dCi
MAF sensor? you hear him say anything like that? mass air flow it stands for, might be reading wrong. actually think the inlet temp sensor is combined with this on the dci's.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Could be! He's ordering pipes, and mentioned a leak.

Can't believe once this is fixed I have to put it through it's 60k service. :(

185lb/ft dCi
ohh pipes, must be a crack in one of the pipes and its losing pressure, martin had this, one of the boost pipes was knackered and he lost all power once he got the revs up!

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
So it wasn't LIMP mode then? Cool!

Yes he's going to fix that first and then give me a call back about the injectors, and then I'll ask him to quote me on the belts. Hopefully he'll have it done (the pipes) by tomorrow, so I can have my car back for the weekend!

Skoda Fabia vRS
aha, the pipe, had forgot about those !!!

8200 770 644, on the shelf, £97.41+vat

its an air hose coming off the turbo

185lb/ft dCi
it might have been limp mode if the sensors measured the pressure and it was too low, do any lights come on when you get into higher revs? martin diy'ed his pipes i think, he will be the man to speak to about this, hopefully he should be on here in abit

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
it might have been limp mode if the sensors measured the pressure and it was too low, do any lights come on when you get into higher revs? martin diy'ed his pipes i think, he will be the man to speak to about this, hopefully he should be on here in abit

Yeah, f*cking all of them lol!

aha, the pipe, had forgot about those !!!

8200 770 644, on the shelf, £97.41+vat

its an air hose coming off the turbo

Guy's getting the part for £20-£30 mate!

185lb/ft dCi
Yeah, f*cking all of them lol!

lol think martin's did too so thats good sign, hopefully it might just be that then and the injector may be alright, what did he say was wrong with the injector, or just that its faulty?

definitely give it a good run out once that pipes been fixed.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
He said it's still showing up as faulty, but he wants to check it again once he sorts out the pipework. Seems like a really decent chap and I can't believe I never went there first.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Didn't fix it entirely. It stops cutting out if you put your foot down, and only comes on at about 4000rpm.

It still isn't starting smoothly so he's going to recode the injectors. The guy says it runs far too well for it to be a f*cked one.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Biting the bullet here lads and getting insured on my fiancées C2, which is going to cost me but I need my car fixed!!!

The glow plug light has come on again and the car has pretty much no boost throughout the entire rev range, no pull at all hardly.

It's PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH'ing @ 70 and really struggles to get to 80 and nothing past that.

It's already had some new boost pipework and the injectors have been re-coded. :(

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
On the side of the airbox there is a boost sensor with a little pipe going to it check that's still ok and intact

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Oh what do you mean recoded? You havnt taken them out/replaced or refurbed them. Recoding won't do a thing

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Will do, could it really be a sensor fault?

Why is the glow plug light still on though? How is it all related to that?

EDIT: Dunno, that's what he said. He said it's running far too smoothly to be a fecked injector.