ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

the £100 clio

Screenshot_2015-03-28-14-53-45_zps6t3q8or8.png

Thought id share my little reliable (first clio ive owned) story as its been faultless. Saw this v reg clio on ebay that was local so went and viewed it. Listing said it was overheating so i presumed head gasket. Took it for a drive and it didnt overheat once but could smell burning rubber and the guy told me it started overheating a few weeks ago just after it had been mot'd. Offered him £100 which he accepted,my brother is a mechanic and turns out it was the waterpump seized so i fitted new belt and pump at £50 and 4000 miles later its still going strong. its a 1.2 8v with a whopping 140,000 miles on it, it runs on fresh air, doesnt use oil or water and drives amazingly well considering its mileage. It was bought as a cheap run around to get to work to save clocking up miles on our family car. I may run it till its mot is up in oct and scrap it to buy another i dont know, but im starting to get attached to the little fella haha. Im 34 now lol so not into my cars much anymore, last time i was into cars was driving xr2's, astra gte's and nothing was more fun than my old trusty ax gt (many moons ago!).

n1353758196_30030079_256.jpg

Should make you thread about bargain buys mate and build some machine out it from scrappy parts or something. Free bits being donated n that. All on the super cheap.

End up with a Volvo powered turbo track slag :stig:... Or something 😂

2014 Clio 200t edc
A friend of mine had an ax gt, loved it but never could buy one. Ended up with a nova sr instead!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
My blue one was, ermm well used. It was only after a few days I looked properly and the seems in the engine bay hadn't completly dried lol.

id be rich if i kept my old cars lol, they go for ££££ on ebay nowadays. Passed test in 1997 and had a 1983 mini that i spent £4000 on.Then i had 3 xr2's, a j reg astra 16v gte, 309gti, 205gti, renault 19 16v, renault 5 turbo that i rolled, then the ax gt which the 5 turbo engine ended up in, but it kept breaking down and was sold.

Helped a mate move house and when i turned up to help in the new car he told me he had an old set of wheels down the garden i could av, took some finding in the undergrowth. Thats whats on it now 172 alloys i think they were. Was thinking of painting wheels white as i got plenty of white gloss and all it would cost is a bit of time, but thought it might look a bit crap

Iceberg Ph2 172
That H reg AX is 3 years younger than me, pretty sure i'm not among the youngest on the forum though John, i take it you saw the AX come and go though.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
That H reg AX is 3 years younger than me, pretty sure i'm not among the youngest on the forum though John, i take it you saw the AX come and go though.

I don't remember when they introduced them but I'm 32 so they were everywhere for a while and my best mate had a red GT

RB182cup&golf gti
AX looks sweet. Had a black one same as that 18 years ago and ran it into the ground. Gearbox bearings went amongst other things, was costing me a fortune each month.

Clio Mk2,Mazda3sport
Not seen many of them citrons being younger apart from few old standard ones but urs looker alot nicer than the standard ones

yeah 3 stud compo wheels. Sold it to a guy In Devon, I'm in midlands and think it was off road not long after that

decided to do little things to the clio.
bought some cheap parts, pearl black colour coded door strips, dual optic healights, pearl sport spoiler,rep side skirts, all parts should be here in next few days.
In the meantime I colour coded the wiper arm and trim, front badge, next i will do the mirrors. I also fitted a shorter aerial thats half the size of original.

WP_20150427_11_10_01_Pro1_zpstvic2xj7.jpg

WP_20150427_13_21_32_Pro1_zpszhjmkd7u.jpg

WP_20150427_11_09_46_Pro1_zpsuq1hzvoi.jpg

what can I say I got the bug! Colour coded door strips on, door handles colour coded, and picked up this little lot today. Can anyone tell me if standard fogs fit ph1 bumper? I've got my original blanks, what's your thoughts? Fogs or blanks?

IMG.gif

decided that front and back bumpers needed painting as their was just 1 too many scuffs. Done back today just got to wait a couple of days for it to dry off, then fit and polish.

WP_20150501_16_41_48_Pro_zpsuxzhyjlu.jpg

Clio Mk2,Mazda3sport
Hows the reception on the new arial compared to the 10ft one which ive also got

its no difference in signal and of all places it came from motorworld haha. I hate motorworld and not been in one for 20 years but went their to see if they had a side mirror glass and spotted it. Was only £4.99, just got front bumper to do now, back came out nice. I got compressor etc... I just paint in a Gazebo with side walls in the garden lol. Does the job but I only do it when its warm enough

backend done, just waiting on my Clio members pack sticker. The sport badge is staying I know everyone hates them but I like it so to recap 172 bumper,colour coded bootlock,wiper arm and surround,sport spoiler, hopefully,wings skirts and front bumper be on on couple of weeks, ordered sum metal pressed plates too
WP_20150503_15_48_56_Pro_zpsj3uo0dyl.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
Great painting skills mate. Cars looking lovely. I wish I could paint, I want some bits doing!!

self taught, been doing my own since I had first car years ago. I've done door handles,front bumper,skirts and mirrors today. Though won't get chance to fit it all for a week or 2. I had no plans to do anything to this car and just run it into ground, but all parts I've done can be removed and sold on. Getting the modifying bug again that i haven't had in years lol. Problem is now it needs spacers and lowering.

Last edited:
  Clio Mk2,Mazda3sport
Just Googled motor world never hearded if them befor but dont have one local unfortunately car is looking good though