ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 197 appreciation society :-)

Clio 1970000000
Nimbus is the best colour. Not into the shiny exhaust unless i was going for a full Milltek. Did you know that the shiny exhaust pipes interfere with the 40KG of downforce produced by the diffuser ;):evil:

Yes but the F1 wing on the front channels more air to the diffuser, thus increasing all round grip. Apparently you can drive a 200 on a the roof of a tunnel. Best place for it TBH. Ugly f***s.

Clio 1970000000
Yes but the F1 wing on the front channels more air to the diffuser, thus increasing all round grip. Apparently you can drive a 200 on a the roof of a tunnel. Best place for it TBH. Ugly f**ks.

LOL. So how much downforce does the diffuser on your FRS give, coupled with the mahoosive spoiler on the roof ;). In all seriousness, had a good look round an FRS yesterday and it did look the dogs. 300% chairs was conservative.

I should add, that an FRS IS my next car.

Can you feel the extra weight when you change direction?

I've not pushed it hard enough yet to say. Not really. It hardly rolls and the rack is far quicker than the 182 so it feels quite darty, and incredibly sure footed. In low speed wet corners you are aware that there's a heavy engine over the front axle, but otherwise no. I doubt it would change direction quicker than a 197/200 on a track. For normal road use it out-handles my 182 thricefold. When I put it on track I'll report my findings.

LY 200
I was behind one this morning going to work, in a lovely champagne/silver colour. Looked ace, TBH. Thought it would have suited a nice shiney exhaust, as the standard item doesn't do the diffuser justice.

They're certainly growing on me, anyway.

^^Nimbus FTW :approve:

Just for the scutch...........And Roystannnn!

003-3.jpg

Its grown on me ALOT since iv had it however i stil prefer LY and RB. :eek:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
RB doesnt suit the MK3 shape imo. Never seen a good looking RB 197/200.

Anyway, agree, the 197 used to get so much love:(. Never used to think mine looked anything special, but when you see one on the road-awesome. Squat and wide. For the segment its in, nothing comes close for presence imo

LY 200
Obviously two very different tastes mate as i loved the RB 200 i was pretty set on buying until used my nut!

RB/Black Speedlines/Cup Chassis/Recaros = Perfect 197/200 imo.

Turbo LY R27
I have to agree with Gaz, RB only suits the 182 imo.

Standard i agree, the F1 looks a better, but i drove past a 197 slammed with white speedlines and splitter and cup spoiler, it looked immense!! Cant see why they havnt bought inferno back!!?? awesome colour.