ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Black Pearl (1.2)

rsdan

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 182
Looks good mate :up:, they wheel spacers or hub spacers ? If not I'd get some hub spacers for the rear then you could maybe run them with you wheel spacers as well or put the wheel spacers up the front ?

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good mate :up:, they wheel spacers or hub spacers ? If not I'd get some hub spacers for the rear then you could maybe run them with you wheel spacers as well or put the wheel spacers up the front ?
They are wheel spacers mate! hub spacers, Christ never heard of them! I'll look into it, Are they easy to fit?

rsdan

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 182
They are wheel spacers mate! hub spacers, Christ never heard of them! I'll look into it, Are they easy to fit?
Yeah not sure if that's the proper name for then to be honest ,they just go on the end of you axle behind the drum, undo the 4 star shaped bolts slide them in and put back 4 slightly longer bolts.:up: I brought mine off someone on here at a reasonable cost .

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah not sure if that's the proper name for then to be honest ,they just go on the end of you axle behind the drum, undo the 4 star shaped bolts slide them in and put back 4 slightly longer bolts.:up: I brought mine off someone on here at a reasonable cost .
Don't think he's still selling then but these are the ones I brought . http://www.cliosport.net/threads/clio-182-172-stub-axle-spacer-kits.771551/

Ahh I see seems much more simple than wheel spacers! ah doesn't look like it, he hasn't been on here for a while, any idea where else I could get them?

rsdan

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 182
Think the are called shim spacers, I'll have a look on eBay! and contact Dan MAD on here as I think he makes them with camber so could see if he could do flat! or I could go all out and slam it and stretch the tyres and get negative camber sick bruv.

Yeah sounds a bit more like what they should be called , not sure where else you can get them from sure there must be some on eBay somewhere. Ahah nothing wrong with a little camber :tonguewink:

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah sounds a bit more like what they should be called , not sure where else you can get them from sure there must be some on eBay somewhere. Ahah nothing wrong with a little camber :tonguewink:

Yeah not sure it's the correct name though! there's 1 pair on eBay 10mm but their over £100 so I guess that means out of stock! I'll find someone, can anything like these be put on the front too or is that too complicated?
How noticeable is -2 camber?

rsdan

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 182
Yeah not sure it's the correct name though! there's 1 pair on eBay 10mm but their over £100 so I guess that means out of stock! I'll find someone, can anything like these be put on the front too or is that too complicated?
How noticeable is -2 camber?

Wow that seems expensive when I only paid about £25 for the ones I got, I'm afraid your only option on the front is spacers unless you go for sport subframe /suspension stuff.
-2 is quite a lot I think ,belive 0.5 is a nice amount but you best doing a few searches as I'm not 100% sure about that.

Found some , although for a non sport you need different bolts but they can be brought cheap for a decent DIY shop :up:
http://www.pure-motorsport.co.uk/details.php?itemid=263

Last edited:

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Wow that seems expensive when I only paid about £25 for the ones I got, I'm afraid your only option on the front is spacers unless you go for sport subframe /suspension stuff.
-2 is quite a lot I think ,belive 0.5 is a nice amount but you best doing a few searches as I'm not 100% sure about that.

Found some , although for a non sport you need different bolts but they can be brought cheap for a decent DIY shop :up:
http://www.pure-motorsport.co.uk/details.php?itemid=263

I think the price is because they're out of stock and don't want attention!

ahh that's annoying ah well! yeah thought -2 was quite a bit!
Was thinking doing -1 on the back with 10mm hub shims and 16mm spacers and -1 on front with the camber bolts and 20mm spacers! Or -.5 not sure yet! Then get it lowered

Legend! Thank you! what bolts would I need? just take the existing ones and asking for 10mm longer or something?

rsdan

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 182
Yeah fair enough not sure about camber bolts though,
that's exactly what I did with the bolts then you can always put some thread lock on them just to make sure they don't come lose:up:

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Lunch break update
Had a few goodies arrive at the weekend. Nothing much!
image.jpg

Gone for 6000k sidelights and 6000k dipped beam. Not that pleased with the match tbh but it'll do! Sidelights are pure white no hint of blue at all like 6000k usually does! Really really impressed with the 6000k dipped beam though, wow such an improvement! so clear and lovely colour. Should've changed them earlier. Went for the cheap ones off eBay so interesting to see how they last.
also changed the rear number plate bulb as I didn't realise but I was told the old bulb was flickering so changed that, sorted.

Before Dipped Beam (had to change the LED sidelights I had in to some OEM Osram ones on the way home a couple of weeks ago as they went pop)
image.jpg
image.jpg

I guess that colour above is standard? 4300k, well I was really impressed with that and had the attitude oh 6000k can't be that much better. Well I was wrong (as usual)

After Dipped Beam with New Sidelights
image.jpg
image.jpg

So much brighter. Actually looking at this picture I'm really not happy with those side light bulbs. they're meant to be 6000k, do they look 6000k to anyone else? They still look yellow to me 😧 Disappointed with that. Might just be my eyesfrom different angles they're different colours but majority yellowish white:worried:
image.jpg

From that picture it doesn't look too bad but that's just a picture and what does a picture tell let's be honest.

Happy with dipped. Happy with rear number plate bulb. Didn't picture that though

Also went about sorting the problem with the boot area being dark during the night. I'm often out in my car at night and often use the boot, So I got a 1m led strip sorted it placed it all where I wanted it, wired it in, turns out led strip doesn't work so just waiting on them sending me another one! but hopefully that'll be a big improvement. As the last time I tried to do the boot, well the led strip I placed in the wrong place so you still couldn't see anything.

I'd also found a 182 style exhaust for sale online and had it all agreed and arranged for courier etc and then the chap went and sold it too someone else, was gutted 😧

Will be sorting out rear hub shim spacers 10mm soon and getting spacers for the front so it's starting to come together nicely

Edit: forgot to mention, didn't realise I hadn't mentioned this before. I've upgraded my main beam to Philips Xtreme-Vision +130% and I highly recommend them. Really really impressed with my xenons, one of the best mods I've done! vision is incredible at night it's like being in daylight!
Everyone's that's been in my car has been really really impressed with how good my lights are! They still impress me every time I'm out at night

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
It's strange how you lose motivation for things, when you grow older and you think why the f**k did I do that to my car. Well I'm at that stage now, working man and all that. Need poweerrrrr

Long story short, the Clio possibly might be for sale soon, so I might be returning it to standard and selling all the other parts. I genuinely think I can get more for the parts than I can the car. No idea what car I'll be moving onto but 1 years no claims has worked wonders for me this year

But I've gathered quite a few things since I last updated this thread. So if anyone looking at this has got they're eye on something then just drop me a PM!

I will do a quick update on one thing I did which I recommend to every single Clio user. I know it's been done before and the ideas have been there but never actually seen many finished products bar 1.

I upgraded my rear boot lighting. Massively. I'll let the pictures do the talking.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Pretty self explanatory, led strip, staples, wiring, bosh.

And this is the result. It's incredible and impresses everyone.
image.jpg

Before:
image.jpg

After:
image.jpg

A very noticeable difference, everything is clear as day in the boot it's fantastic, and it lights up the surrounding area too so you're not standing in turd. Combine that lighting with a button release boot and you're laughing. It's great. The best thing about it is that they're not blinding you either, They're pointing into the boot so it's a win win.

This parcel shelf will be for sale most likely, On a swap basis. so I can return it to standard.

Thanks for looking. So yeah, anything you want, send me a message. Cheers

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
@Tomo_Rep.97

Have you a link to the LED strip? Looks really good!

I don't have a link currently but when I get on my iPad I will send one too you! yeah it's fantastic! so simple but it's great, if you were closer I'd say you could have this one haha.

I will have rear bumper if your breaking mate :smile:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you're prepared to come all the way to Norfolk then I'm sure a deal could be arranged, I won't be posting the larger items unfortunately sorry mate.

Clio 1.6 16V
I don't have a link currently but when I get on my iPad I will send one too you! yeah it's fantastic! so simple but it's great, if you were closer I'd say you could have this one haha.

If you're prepared to come all the way to Norfolk then I'm sure a deal could be arranged, I won't be posting the larger items unfortunately sorry mate.

So.... Was it sold ? 😂😂😂😂

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Yes

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 4 através do Tapatalk

No[emoji23] I still have the clio, it’s still going strong! it’s just shy of 100,000 miles and still going like a rocket, Actually maybe more like a rock. I just can’t part with it! Attached to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 1.6 16V
No[emoji23] I still have the clio, it’s still going strong! it’s just shy of 100,000 miles and still going like a rocket, Actually maybe more like a rock. I just can’t part with it! Attached to it

So good to ear .

Why you stopped posting ? I loved reading the full thread .
Such a nice car and superb thread buddy [emoji108][emoji108][emoji111]️[emoji111]️

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
So good to ear .

Why you stopped posting ? I loved reading the full thread .
Such a nice car and superb thread buddy [emoji108][emoji108][emoji111]️[emoji111]️

I’m finding it really difficult to sell the Clio, It’s back to standard form now!
Thank you very much appreciated! I’m glad you enjoyed reading the thread, I love reading through threads!
enjoyed the project so much.
When I get a new car I’m not sure whether to carry on a new project on Cliosport or not.

Clio 1.6 16V
I’m finding it really difficult to sell the Clio, It’s back to standard form now!
Thank you very much appreciated! I’m glad you enjoyed reading the thread, I love reading through threads!
enjoyed the project so much.
When I get a new car I’m not sure whether to carry on a new project on Cliosport or not.

Please do
One of the best threads i read , really well written .
Congrats for the car even if its stockish (Like mine is) is still a great and good looking little car

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Really? Wow I am honoured thank you. I must admit I did enjoy writing the thread and messing with the car. I haven’t read it back for ages so I might read it later, I’ll probably cringe quite a lot due to being a lot more experienced now!
thank you much appreciated. I do take pride with anything I do and I always want to do it to the best that I can, And if others can enjoy my doing too then great[emoji16]

I will hopefully start a new thread on other marquee once I get a new car but just can’t decide what to buy.

Clio 1.6 16V
Really? Wow I am honoured thank you. I must admit I did enjoy writing the thread and messing with the car. I haven’t read it back for ages so I might read it later, I’ll probably cringe quite a lot due to being a lot more experienced now!
thank you much appreciated. I do take pride with anything I do and I always want to do it to the best that I can, And if others can enjoy my doing too then great[emoji16]

I will hopefully start a new thread on other marquee once I get a new car but just can’t decide what to buy.

I really enjoyed buddy .

About your new car , it's obvious , a 1*2 :p

Clio 1.6 16V
It's strange how you lose motivation for things, when you grow older and you think why the f**k did I do that to my car. Well I'm at that stage now, working man and all that. Need poweerrrrr

Long story short, the Clio possibly might be for sale soon, so I might be returning it to standard and selling all the other parts. I genuinely think I can get more for the parts than I can the car. No idea what car I'll be moving onto but 1 years no claims has worked wonders for me this year

But I've gathered quite a few things since I last updated this thread. So if anyone looking at this has got they're eye on something then just drop me a PM!

I will do a quick update on one thing I did which I recommend to every single Clio user. I know it's been done before and the ideas have been there but never actually seen many finished products bar 1.

I upgraded my rear boot lighting. Massively. I'll let the pictures do the talking.View attachment 152879View attachment 152880View attachment 152881

Pretty self explanatory, led strip, staples, wiring, bosh.

And this is the result. It's incredible and impresses everyone. View attachment 152882

Before:View attachment 152883
After: View attachment 152884

A very noticeable difference, everything is clear as day in the boot it's fantastic, and it lights up the surrounding area too so you're not standing in turd. Combine that lighting with a button release boot and you're laughing. It's great. The best thing about it is that they're not blinding you either, They're pointing into the boot so it's a win win.

This parcel shelf will be for sale most likely, On a swap basis. so I can return it to standard.

Thanks for looking. So yeah, anything you want, send me a message. Cheers

Sorry but what color was the led strip white or blue ?

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans...p_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

The car is now up for sale! Expecting to get knocked down on the price as you may have assumed haha. If anyone knows anyone who wants a little run around or first car. This is the car. Thank you.

I think I will start a thread shortly on my new car, I’m a member of bmw forums but they just really aren’t welcoming or friendly on there. The cliosport.net forum is the best ever!

Clio mk2 1.5 dci 80
Read the entire thread, excellent posts tempting me to making my own thread about my clio as im about to get all the paper work done to get it in my name and not parents so mods incoming!

Hope what ever you are driving now is as much fun as the clio's. Would love to see a pic if you have it on hand? Tomo_Rep.97