ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The brown euro clio - now with added stance

145db Euro'd clio
Some of you may have seen the last thread. Had a fair few people disliking the car and a few that liked it. Now i have the ATS's on it with the correct spacers etc to give her some wicked stance.
It could do with coming down a little on the rear, but the photos really dont do it any justice. Its so wide in person! and i know the paint still needs some attention. Getting the roof wrapped soon and the rest just needs flatting and polishing.

Anyways, i'll leave you with some teaser pics. You'll get a good look at FCS im sure.

Please put forward some ideas for the car (things other than scrap it/burn it etc)
Looking for a mag feature at some point this year, so any ideas to make it stand out from the crowd a little, without being to brash and keeping it with the smooth/euro look.

Enjoy...

Picture044-1.jpg

Picture045-1.jpg

Picture052-1.jpg

Picture051-1.jpg

Picture049.jpg

^^^ excuse the finger in this one and sorry for the iphone pics

145db Euro'd clio
yeah i do want some, just rewiring them that'll be the problem. might get some before fcs as a treat to myself. although i want to sort out a boot build in it

German V6
was so tempted to euro look my clio and now i feel like an idiot for not doing it ...

looks really smart , nice work .

145db Euro'd clio
cheers mate. everyones said its looking smart now. You should atleast go for a nice set of wheels and a decent drop!!!!

theres one problem though. It dont look smart if i come across a speedbump. 3 point turn it is!!!

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
Colour code side strips, dual optics but split them and colour code them ;)

Oh and fabricate a lower grill for the front

145db Euro'd clio
Cheers englebert!

Whiskerz, side strips tie in nicely with the black roof and black inserts on wheels. Might give that a go with the dual optics actually! and yeah, want some RS mesh but i cant find any anywhere so might g for some black plastic stuff

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Please put forward some ideas for the car (things other than scrap it/burn it etc) Looking for a mag feature at some point this year, so any ideas to make it stand out

Turinis and a cup spo...:dapprove: oh... Wait :rasp:

Lol makes me want some galaxy :)

As said though, dual optics and a lower grill would make it awesome. Maybe another colour for details? But what goes with brown?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks a lot better, it just needs a fair bit of attention to detail now.

Get that paint properly polished up, get some sort of grille in that bottom hole in the front bumper, get some dual optics in there (the wiring is easy), and just tidy it up a bit really.

Wheels really suit it though, good choice.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I know you've said the side strips tie the black bits together, but i'd ditch them alltogether and fill/smooth the doors.
Some kind of nice grill for the front maybe black mesh.

Maybe some FK led rear lights? Quite pricey though.
PB200102.jpg

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Its way way better now! Still not into that front bumper, have you seen rage's clio from years ago was awesome front smoothed aswell but not like yours. DO NOT smooth anymore though other wise it will be too much well its too much now IMO but its not mine is it.

LY R26
looking better, could do a single wiper conversion?

I'd have left the rear wiper blank bit black so it doesnt stick out as much, stealth exhaust would suit it more imo.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
looking better, could do a single wiper conversion?

I'd have left the rear wiper blank bit black so it doesnt stick out as much, stealth exhaust would suit it more imo.

Good shout!

21 Turbo
I love that colour.....we had a new Grand Scenic at work in metallic Dairy Milk and I was only one in office who would drive it

Good work, makes a change from Turinis and a Cup spoiler as said above ;)

(note - theres nothing wrong with Turinis etc)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Dual optics, different exhaust, smaller splitter, FK rear lights and something to fill that gap.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Looks great, just to echo other comments, a good flat back and polish of the paint and you will be on to a winner!

Suzuki Jimny
Not too bad, just fit some new springs/dampers to replace the broken ones and it'll look tidy.

1.2 Dynamique 16v
It looks better. Does need some sort of grille and dual optics though.

I'm intrigued to find out what that paintwork is like up close! Get some better reflection picture up, after its been flatted etc..

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
looks really smart in that colour tbf. only thing that a would change would be the exhaust and go stealth for the "euro" look.
Does anybody have a link to these FK led's can't find them anywhere?

Shame its a 5 door :p

Looks good, little too messy to be a feature car just yet. Just tidy it up with what people have suggested.

Has the smoothed lock on tailgate started to pit? I think the ph2 surround would look better with a diamond.

BG 182
looking good so far i think, like others have said maybe look into getting a side exhaust or stealth

Static Low
Is the paint meant to be so flat looking?

Get a decent tax disc holder for a start.
Single wiper would look good, as said, what about ur interior? and whats the deal with the lower grill bit thats non existent?

Liking the ATS cups but in need some serious negative camber on the front too imo

liking the idea as a whole though, just looks a bit rough

145db Euro'd clio
The paint is very flicky in person, just the crappy iphone camera really lol. dual optics are definately going on i've decided. The lower grill is on order as of 5 minutes ago.

Tax disc holder will be removed for shows etc, just trying to keep it a little bit more legit.

How do i go about doing a single wiper conversion? seen them done before. are they difficult?

Splitters are becoming hard to source. i want something smaller but not too small. a megane one of 307 one would be about the right size. The skoda one is a little too small i think.

Had loads of negative camber on the front but it was horrble to drive with and would need more spacers and they're quite expensive lol. Its about 1 degree of negative on the front and 2 washers on the rear, which makes it about 2.5-3 degrees...ish?

The exhaust is a personal thing. I really like it. it keeps it apart from the rest i think. It sounds really good too. very raspy and pops and bangs ALOT!

Interior needs tidying up. I already have a full 172 interior, minus the door cards. Thinking of doing the headlining and door card fabric is brown to match?

The FK rear lights arent a masive difference to jusity the cost imo. maybe if some come up second hand!!

And Dawn, Its already booked in for a detail with you.... in my head. Needs one badly before FCS. Lots of compounding holograms etc

The rear wiper blank was black, but i stood on it when spraying and couldnt be bothered to mix up a tiny amount of paint again, so just sprayed it with what i had left in the gun, it will get some black paint put on it soon though.

Cheers for all the comments guys! Much appreciated.

oh, and for the haters... the bra is staying! :) Its not always on there, just occasionally.

145db Euro'd clio
just noticed, the wing and door are flatted back in these photos, without being polished up. Hence the dullness

LY R27
hell of a step up since the first post you made about it!
how about a 182 grille - cut down?

same as the comments above tbh! just tidy it up and youll be onto a winner

just a thought, if your getting the doorcards trimmed - why not get (parts of) the seats done in the same colour? and maybe a ph2 dash to set it off and bring it more up to date?

keep up the good work dude!

clio mk1 RSI
very nice mate, dont like the bra but its part of the look I suppose, are you gonna put mesh in the front bumper?

e92 330i
I agree with mostly what people are saying, duel optics, lower grill. But seriously get some pics up without the bonnet bra, its very outdated, euro cars aren't even using them, I think you'll like it once its off.

Maybe polish up the cups? paint the centres the same colour as the car. If you can, cc'd the strips or smooth them, and sort out that exhaust.

I think your very close to an epic looking car, but few things are spoiling it and just a general tidy up, then you'll be bang on for a feature car :D keep up the good work dude!

The new wheels and stance are good. The bodywork however is absolutely horrendous and needs a lot more than just flatting and polishing, like handing it to a professional to do properly.