ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Cars Spotted Appreciation Thread

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Purple on purple. Made my head hurt.
IMG_0880.jpeg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
At least with those bags it'll rise up and be driveable I'm sure. However, I would say nearly every mod on that car has made it look worse than it was before...

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Saw this on Twitter earlier. Apparently a Peugeot dealer in Switzerland has been offering a modern take on the "Rallye" with the 208. It's basically just the wheels and sticker kit, but I think it's quite cool all the same. Based on the 100bhp 1.2 turbo.

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-27 at 09.42.43 (3).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-11-27 at 09.42.43 (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-11-27 at 09.42.43 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-11-27 at 09.42.43.jpeg

Always thought it was a shame that Peugeot didn't do a proper GTI version of the current 208, as it's a nice looking car. A proper Rallye would be even cooler. If they just turned the wick up to about 150bhp, that would be enough to have fun.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah but large wheels were 15" and ice was a set of 6x9s in the parcel shelf🤣🤣🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Nah! 19” stupidly heavy, fibreglass and filler everywhere. PlayStations, MDF and sub boxes. Mental heavy seats and dashboards. That was the guys who did it properly! Everyone else had 18’s, ripspeed bull s**t and a Kenwood mask stereo, Infiniti Kappa 6x9’s and a Rockford FOS gate sub and Amp. Oh and slam the fucker to the weeds with cut springs. Completely ruin the things
IMG_6674.jpeg

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Nah! 19” stupidly heavy, fibreglass and filler everywhere. PlayStations, MDF and sub boxes. Mental heavy seats and dashboards. That was the guys who did it properly! Everyone else had 18’s, ripspeed bull s**t and a Kenwood mask stereo, Infiniti Kappa 6x9’s and a Rockford FOS gate sub and Amp. Oh and slam the fucker to the weeds with cut springs. Completely ruin the things
View attachment 1670562

I'd go back to that in a heartbeat. Great days. Far more interesting than people leasing a car, throwing the Maxton catalogue at it, a pops and bangs remap, and then removing it all before they lease the next thing and repeat the cycle. At least people were creative back then.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Thing was I don’t think it was unique really back the. Other than the cover/mag cars. All RS Turbos looked the bloody same, bit like the maxton Golfs now. My point being there has always been a fashion, which moved with the generation. It’s just anyone near 40 now thinks their generation was different or better than the current one. Me included by the way. I had some great times on Sunday nights around the Cheltenham ring road or the summer evening down at Weston. Different times for sure.