ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Chris Harris thread

although i'm too much of a fan of these futuristic cars (can we even call them that now?) don't like the look of it but appreciate the technology. Thats some doing getting in terms of mpg/performance. Oh and i recognise those roads off gta!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Sadly this is the way things are going,but I think that's a great effort by bmw. I would also like to know how the torque fill feels out of the bends.

Nissan 350z
So now that Drive has sold out to NBC do we no longer get Drive content?

2 weeks since their last upload and this is all they have added :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure. I always loved the drive videos and how they are aimed at us petrol heads. Hopefully we will still get the videos and it's not all about the money!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
New video, the Monaco special.

I didn't enjoy it as much as i usually enjoy Chris Harris videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Swift Sport
I did enjoy it but it seems very contrived now, I could almost see Chris's puppet strings. Those yanks spoil it too with their vague opinions.

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
You can't beat some of the older Harris vids, I'm sure like many others I have watched my 'favourites' multiple times. The rally car passenger ride and group b worship a couple that spring to mind. Looking at the comments this new series of videos is just not the same :dapprove: will watch tonight and find out I guess...

I enjoyed it - although its no where near the other Chris Harris vids. Very Top Gear-wannabe.

Is this the end of /Drive as we knew it, following the NBC deal? :(

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I don't think harris has been let loose as he usually has been.He is quintessentially an English geek but I feel he has been diluted amongst others.

Hopefully 5th gear gets cancelled and harris along with tiff join top gear whilst sacking may and hamond and then top gear would be great...

So are we ever going to get a Drive/Chris Harris video again? It's been months since anything came out, let alone anything decent.

Indeed. It appears that he sold his soul to the devil. Can't especially blame him, but sadly it appears he has, unwittingly or otherwise, abandoned the audience that made him successful. Certainly Pistonheads has recently slipped back into the realms of mediocracy.

Nissan 350z
I think im going to unsubscibe from the Drive YT channel. I've not enjoyed a single vid since the NBC Sports sellout. I'm actually prefering the EVO YT channel videos more at the moment, seems more relevant.

I haven't watched/seen any other videos, though? No car reviews etc? TST and Evo are better than nothing I guess.

From what I can gather Drive are between "seasons" currently and although this is a fairly lengthy hiatus there is lots of stuff in the pipeline. What form this will take I'm not sure but various CH tweets have suggested that there is more content on the way. Whether it will be on YT and free is another question though. I hope so!

An orange one
The M3/4 video was meant to be weeks ago... He put his testing notes online and said video to follow very shortly. Nada, zero. Nothing

Harris has failed tbh. Always looked forwards to his weekly's

Suzuki Jimny
He's been busy at Le mans, N24h then le mans classic. I'm sure there will be some decent footage from that lot!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I met him at Lemans and he said he's got some really good videos coming soon, mentioning the M3/4 vids.

Washington

ClioSport Club Member
Doesn't Drive regularly have this sort of hiatus? They treat it like a TV show with seasons, rather than attempting to pump out stuff year round. The NBC stuff is just filling what would usually be an empty void.

Anyway they've said in the youtube comments that Chris has already done a bunch of videos, JF has been filming in a couple of different countries, and Musto and Matt have recently returned from vacation and will be filming stuff soon. I expect it shouldn't be too long before they have a decent enough weekly schedule for them to start releasing stuff.