ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Chris Harris thread

Swift Sport
Whilst I appreciate the soul and passion behind building a car like that, I'll admit that it's way over my head. I just found it a little bit tedious (no offence!).

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I really don't understand the whole singer obsession. Slight ignorance on my part.

Loved every second of the Singer video. I feel sorry for people who aren't mesmerised by such attention to detail and engineering perfection. Such folk clearly don't have any petrol in their veins. IMO.

Yeah I really don't understand the whole singer obsession. Slight ignorance on my part.

I'm surprised to hear that from you. I'd have thought given your job, and the interest in detailing even if you didn't find the end result to your liking you would respect and understand why people are impressed or drawn to a product like that.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm surprised to hear that from you. I'd have thought given your job, and the interest in detailing even if you didn't find the end result to your liking you would respect and understand why people are impressed or drawn to a product like that.

I don't know anything about the brand mate. Bed time reading tonight.

This ^^ lol

I'm not sure what research over and above the video is required to see the attention lavished and the quality of the end result.

They are so awesome that I found Harris seemingly out of his depth. Engineering masterclass.

Easily equal, in terms of attention to detail, to what might go into producing the likes of a works WRC car. Hence the price.

Swift Sport
Everyone has their own idea of what makes an automobile awesome. As I said in my previous post I appreciate it and understand it, but it's just not something I can relate to. I'd rather have 20 trackdays in a 106 Gti than own a Porsche that I never got chance to drive fast. I'd love to drive one of those Singer Porsches though, just to see what all the fuss is about.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Loved every second of the Singer video. I feel sorry for people who aren't mesmerised by such attention to detail and engineering perfection. Such folk clearly don't have any petrol in their veins. IMO.

Really not a Chris Harris fan, but I watched eery second with a smile on my face. That's honestly the kind of vehicle I would love to be able to be building one day. Pipe dream maybe, but got to have ambition :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Another fan of the Singer here - it's the kind of car I've always wanted something looks like you know what it is but you really don't, but has been built properly.

The detail on that loom was awesome!

I also REALLY want that carpet!

172 Race Car
I enjoyed it a lot. Love those kind of videos where you see what goes into it. Never heard of it before either.

Ibiza SC
Unbelievable attention to detail.
Enjoyed every second of that, made me feel bad about not paying my car any attention for about a month!

Nippy white cup
Loved the vid....the attention to detail in everything connected to the car is amazing. I also loved the genuine 'little boy at christmas' reaction from Chris Harris when he was banging it round the track lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ah now after watching the video I get it!

If someone had asked me last week about Singer Porsche I would have said it was just an older Porsche. Ignorance on my part of course.

I will be honest and say some parts aren't to my taste but I love the concept. It's that kinda thing i'd love to to do to an Frp.

To some Porsche fans the Singer is perfection like Harris said. All the good bits none of the bad.

The interior is a work of art. Love the different front seats. Comfort for the passenger pure position for the driver.

Thanks for posting Si. Simply brilliant watching.

To some Porsche fans the Singer is perfection

Quite simply put this is my lottery winning car. Without a question of a doubt.

There is honestly, hand on heart, no car in the world I would like to own as much as that. Not a single supercar, hypercar or anything else for that matter.

Perfection. The only way to describe it. Harris' passion for the topic only makes me want it more.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I do think there's better looking Porsches but purists love that shape.

Swift Sport
In reality not many drivers would benefit from all the work that has gone into building that Porsche, which is kinda why I question the usual CS'ers for the predictable bumming of it.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
In reality not many drivers would benefit from all the work that has gone into building that Porsche, which is kinda why I question the usual CS'ers for the predictable bumming of it.

I don't think it's about "benefiting Fromm all the work" really. For me it would be more of an appreciation and respect for the work and design considerations, not the physically measurable benefits. Kinda like a concept car really.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Wow just watched that singer video and that is amazing I love the attention to detail its just perfection.

Always had a big soft spot for old school porches so that thing is definitely a dream car for me.

172 Race Car
Always had a big soft spot for old school porches
really? :S

old_porch.jpg

;)

Some people like cars built with high end gear by enthusiasts with OCD and can appreciate the development, time, thought and care that goes into it even if they won't use it to its full capability. It's perfectly reasonable to appreciate engineering on something like that. Others want a live axle equipped tank built by rednecks. Each to their own.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Such a good video. Really geeky OCD stuff.

Not necessarily a car I lust after but I appreciate being told about the processes involved in designing/developing it.