ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The clio has returned

2004 clio 182
I've gone into details before on my purchase of my 182 and how the guy lied about the mot, here's an update

Well I went and picked up the car from the garage, the guy wasn't even there, he just left the mot on the passenger seat and the key under the visor.

Now I'd looked on the vosa website so I knew it had failed on the left headlight not working, there being no cat, the cv joint not being attached and the emissions.

First thing I did was to look at my headlights, he's took the hid/xenons out and put in some ropey looking standard ones in, he appears to have done a bodge job on the wiring as when the indicators flash the fog light bulb flashes on the dash. I've sent him a message and he " says " he will return my headlights.

he hasn't put a cat on, there was old sealant on the joins when I dropped it off and it was impossible to remove the decat pipe without removing the sealant. So he's bribed the mot tester to put it through, which to be honest I would have done too lol but I'm not a car trader and he shouldn't be doing things like that. Also I'm 99.9% sure the wheel bearing has gone and should have been picked up at mot time.

so the car is back, I've still got to get a ballast for the passenger headlight, a bonnet ( which I knew before I bought the car ) find out why the esp, abs, stop and serv lights won't stay off, do the wheel bearing and cv joint, tidy up the wheels, touch up various scratches and reseal the exhaust, then maybe enjoy driving the damn thing.

thanks for all the help received so far and for all the help to come in the future.

mark