ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'Clios on Coilovers' Appreciation thread.

Clio RS ph1
Cliobritt, how much is it lowered? I`m thinking of buying the K-tec coilies myself.
I`m now on standard shocks with Apex springs. I asume the coilies will be a big improvement over the harsh apex springs.

I`m looking for better handling and a bit more comfort. -4cm would still be enough for me. :approve:

Jap Shed
well the ktx feel good, not crashy like the old std shocks on sportlines. I think the old dampners were shot though.

lost a bit of that back end fun though!

172 Cup
What happens when Renaults crap top mounts seize!!

16876_394673915045_779855045_10300894_5056122_n.jpg

^^ LOL

Picture of 2009 right here!! :rasp:

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
i ment to ring you during last week but i was quite busy doing my first detail ;)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
how much do the fronts rub when turning and you cant possibly say they dont as mine did with standards on when it had 30mm left

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Is it my eyes or does the camber look positive on the front?

Couldn't possibly tell you!

I haven't had them set up, will do at some point next month. I was told it was best to let them settle first.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
question:
standard et 45 182 wheels + coilovers and lowered about 50 mm front/40 mm rear (with no spacers) and about 1,5 negative camber on the front
will the tyres rub on the springs/springs seats on the front? I'm tempted on coilies but don't want to use spacers or use smaller offset wheels for now
thx!

TrackCar & F30 330d
question:
standard et 45 182 wheels + coilovers and lowered about 50 mm front/40 mm rear (with no spacers) and about 1,5 negative camber on the front
will the tyres rub on the springs/springs seats on the front? I'm tempted on coilies but don't want to use spacers or use smaller offset wheels for now
thx!

You'll be fine, I ran the same set up for ages and had not problems

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I'm asking this because recently I fitted some camber bolts and with 1,5 neg camber I can only fit my finger between the shock and the inner side of the tyre. was afraid that on coilies the spring seats could rub on that area. but that's probably only when you're really low if you say it's fine 50 mm front/40 mm rear