ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Dark Knight.... Progress Thread

80 quid at renualt, apparently. dont know if anywhere else does them, very much doubt it, just gonna cause a few weeks delay if the guy on ebay doesnt come back to me...

M135i and the shed
Minor set back Naith but nothing worth having ever came easy. When you're rolling around Salford in TDK you won't even remember having a bent carrier. :D

Bit of an update as i know a few have been actually reading this top to bottom at the moment. not good but it will be eventually i just know it...

i went to rotherham on monday (from manchester) to pick up what was meant to be a newish laguna carrier.... it was in worse state off a 2008 laguna than mine on my 2004 megane... I nearly decked the prick, but hey ho that wouldnt sort anything.

I found out today too that the actual spacer from the carrier (which I need) is a dieppe part only order with a backlog. I sighed writing that lol.

My mate at Renault who always looks after me has ordered one though so its on its way from dieppe, should only take about 4 years to get here.

to cheer myself up i cut big holes in the plastic covers that sit over the top of the suspension unit today though. i can get a pic but i doubt anyone is that arsed lol. it means if i want to adjust levels, which i will, i can keep the plastic cover in place and adjust with the tool (KW's dint come with kn0bs or levers) :(

so the parts on order, I'll getr a sunny day this week and replace the thermostat and hoover it, its not been sat in since nov 12th 2010. :|

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Faaack. All that way for nothing.

Exactly what we joked about too. lol. I'm surprised you didn't crush him.

matt nearly had to pull me away... i was so any last night i got in and just sat there. it's got people trying to sort it all out now though, i have faith.

I contacted the first one a few days ago matt and he was on another planet, the second wouldnt break the brakes so to speak lol and cliospares havent got back to me on the part, yet.

thanks though

Feel like all I'm doing at the mo is putting up the same pictures, but alas progress is progress for 'the pride of the fleet' ;)

cliospares came good with the caliper carrier i was after (thanks guys, great price too) truffs bought it over from doncaster and i test fitted it on monday...

disaster, the carrier was sat about 7 inches further round towards the top of the disk....

Salford-20110518-00149.jpg

(and yes thats a brand new disk, oxygennnnnzzZz1!1!)

so i moaped about tiil today, realising the cars GOT to go to Birmingham this sunday/monday i had a play with it and realised it was for the otherside of the car and all i needed to do was unbolt the spacer from the carrier and turn it round.... DURRRR.

Salford-20110518-00150.jpg

got my neighbour to hold it whilst i did it, talk about stuck on, tighter than a mouses ear.

Salford-20110518-00151.jpg

eventually all off, rebuilt and ready for matt to check it on saturday before she goes south. exciteddddzzed.

left to do..

brake bleeding, fire her up and see how far 20 notes worth of vpower gets me to birmingham... joy.

i want my battery in the boot samuel, myslef and the frederick might be trialing a V6 airbox in the bay ;)

see you next week. oh and i prefer tesco to vpower...

Ok a big/small update....

249455_10150625422905422_505560421_18615251_8324513_n.jpg

the car made it down to b'ham after i'd taxed it and MOT'd it... so in essence its back. However on the journey the brakes failed on one side and the ride became that whereby the rear wanted to pull away from the rest of the car, i practically nursed it the whole way there, dangerous and not cool i know, luckily the roads were empty but i still got overtaken by caravans and lorries, shameful and embarressing.

Anyhoo it made it to btm and is there now having its guts ripped out. Fred and Sam are using the car as a platform to launch Potatoworks... The hardcore/pikey arm of BTM. yes I'm scared too.

Regardless, as of now there is just under 7 days till the car will go to france, put it this way it'll be on a french campsite this time next week. It might need a new engine, it might be a case of new head and bits, until its opened up throughout the next few days I dont know. What I do know is that its having a rediculously lairy full racing livery for lemans, official sponsorship from various companies who I'll obviously thank when the time is right and a few cheeky additions.... ;)

oh and some new studs and nuts from tweeks today (burpspeed eat your heart out) ;) Thanks again to BTM for relaying the cars specifics so i could order in an idiot proof way

IMG-20110602-00246.jpg

told you I wouldnt give up on her, if you see her before i do next week, be nice to her! Mega update coming asap

Black Clio GT
nice, studs will look epic just need some 9j o.z's now along with an engine rebuild, i hope your playing the loto lol :)

Megane Trophy Stg 2
awesome naith. might be seeing you in lemans :p

will have to ride there on the back of my mates motorbike though. :(

the studs not look strong? I'm lost, they are motorsport spec!!!1!

tensile = strength

yes you can move into my house on monday, just stay out of my way or i will stab you

thankyou, i'll stay well out of your way and be quiet, well i'll try to be...

awesome naith. might be seeing you in lemans :p

will have to ride there on the back of my mates motorbike though. :(

you can ride down with one of us if its gonaa be a bugger of a journey x

340i
Looking forward to the big update/s Naith..

and the comments from Fred... 'Thats fucked' 'Thats fucked' 'yep we need to replace that' 'Thats going' 'WTF' etc. etc. ;)

Qashcow
That will explain two things then!! Good times on the fix Naith, keep the faith. Ooooohh that rhymes, check me out