ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The girlfriend strikes again! Crash No.3

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
:confused: not content with smashing my carbon fibre splitter off and scratching my wheel to buggery... today she decided to drive into a pillar. Annoyingly as you can see it's not just a single panel that's effected.

I've never actually had to repair a car before so what do I do from here lol. Is it worth getting one of those dent repairs guys out? I'm not sure if that's a viable option as the skirts and door handle etc. will need spraying too. Otherwise does anyone know of a good sprayer in Essex?

Any guesses as to how much this is likely to cost?

E2635FB9-6D70-4199-85EA-902C02B6E524_zpsfgos7ibj.jpg

1746348F-023A-4D67-896A-4F83C442F00D_zpshk2j1kqe.jpg

FAE008CD-0316-4ABE-80C1-912CD1ADE585_zpsbkp52vfb.jpg

7AFA68E1-110E-4C12-822F-F4DAB722F4C9_zpso2rcx104.jpg

DB16D570-BF37-4D77-8A3A-A034E12DDF49_zpslr8ibbwq.jpg

730EBA8D-6917-4210-B596-1C544B46F627_zps9fzoeoli.jpg

E1D0F69F-E37C-4CC1-BABA-D51BDCDB946B_zpsnmmzggt8.jpg

9A3A9695-F516-4D32-A926-A54036D6F19E_zpsu1x7vd23.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Second hand door, skirt, miracle pull the 1/4 so minimal filler is used then paint. Sorted.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Repair and paint that I'm going with £5-700.

Should have left the toaster alone.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Oh I'll make her pay :smile: only problem is she doesn't have any money and already owes me £500... so I guess I'm paying now, and adding it on to her lengthy slate! Had her mum on the phone having a go at me for having a go at her. I think, if there's ever a situation where you can have a go at someone, it's when they've just crashed your car! Muppet.

So do you guys reckon it's a better idea to get a second hand door and skirt and get the dent sorted by itself rather than get it all sprayed? Thanks for the input so far. As for the toaster, I never did get it where I wanted it, but I put my foot down about the utensils I bought and so far they've stayed put lol.

Silver is the hardest colour to match I would be surprised if its the same shade as the rest of the car once painted.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Silver is the hardest colour to match I would be surprised if its the same shade as the rest of the car once painted.

b****cks really... maybe getting second hand parts isn't the best idea then :confused:

Any recommendations for sprayer around my parts then?

She had an accident , its hardly the end of the world. Yeah she didnt do it on purpose and maybe needs to take more care but just go see a couple of bodyshops and get quotes for cash jobs

I scraped a bumper on the volvo this week , going to cost a couple of hundred quid , but hell s**t happens

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Sorry to hear, I thought my female did a bad enough job catching the edge of my arch... That was £400 repair for a 250ish mm x 25ish mm area!

Jesus. Her mam sounds like a piece of work too!

I'd tell her to get the bus from now on.

Reading this makes me feel misogynistic.

b****cks really... maybe getting second hand parts isn't the best idea then :confused:

Well if the damage is re sprayed in the same colour it left the factory i can guarantee it would not match 10+year old paint, second hand parts will be better.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
kayzee said:
Any guesses as to how much this is likely to cost?

50 blowjobs, minimum. And a permanant ban on driving it.

Unless you're under her thumb and she dictates everything. Like properly under the thumb. Sorta she-decides-where-the-toaster-goes level of under the thumb. Or she-owes-you-500-quid-and-you-don't-expect-to-see-it-anytime-soon level of under the thumb.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Colourtone in burnt mills is he only guy I could recommend.

Oh and next time get £2k deposit before she sets foot back near the drivers seat....

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

Well that is actually b****cks. The shop will just do some spray out cards to get the paint right. Shouldn't be a problem at all now. If you go somewhere with a dupot chromavision or something similar. This is how you do paint nowadays and you won't be able to tell the difference.